Chapter Ten: Two Sides to a Story

MAL'S POV

For a moment, Reece stood there and stared at me like I was an idiot. Seriously, he looked like he was frozen. Finally, he shrugged and made his way onto the bed. "21 questions?" he asked as he lay down next to me.

"Sure," I giggled and turned so that my body was facing him. I yelped as he picked me up and placed me so that I was straddling his lap. Immediately, I felt something poking up under me. My eyes widened and I slapped his chest. "Stop it, Reece!"

"Hey, he doesn't listen to me. I think he likes you," he smirked.

I know he likes me. I'm trying to figure out if you like me, you dick.

Ugh, no pun intended.

"Fine," I sighed, shifting my weight. "The only rule is you have to answer honestly, and you have to answer the question you ask. It doesn't count as a separate question."

His face turned a cute shade of red, and I stared back at him, confused. "That didn't make it any better, babe. Just stay still, please."

I grinned devilishly, knowing that somehow, I was going to use this position to my advantage. "First question," I began. Shit, we really didn't know anything about each other. "What's your full name?"

Rolling his eyes, he replied simply, "Reece Xavier Reyes, you?"

Okay. How did a name alone make my kitty purr? I slapped myself mentally and replied, "Malorie Island Carter."

"No way your parents name you Island!" I nodded. "That's sexy. Favourite food?"

"Sushi!" I beamed while he recoiled. "It's the best, don't complain until you try it."

"Wings are definitely top two and they're not two," he said confidently.

We carried on with the small questions for a while: favourite place; favourite colour; favourite song. Eventually we got to the deeper questions.

"What's your biggest fear?" I asked. I was laying on top of him with my head on his chest, and when he didn't respond, I heard his heartbeat pound a little harder.

"Honestly," he took a deep breath. "Losing someone that means the world to me."

I thought about his answer. "Mine would have to be never finding someone that means the world to me," It was true. After watching my parent's marriage fall to the tiniest of pieces, I was scared that I wouldn't find my person. I still believed in love, but I wasn't sure if I was going to be lucky enough to find it.

"Well that, and being buried alive," I added, trying to lighten the mood. That was also one hundred percent true. I was claustrophobic, and the idea of being buried alive made me want to cry.

His hand found its way to my mess of curls and he slowly worked his fingers into my scalp. "When was your first heartbreak?"

"My first serious relationship, I guess. Beginning of high school. He broke up with me right after my birthday. I was miserable the whole summer."

"Ouch," Reece grimaced.

I nodded my head slightly, "Eventually he wanted to get back together but I was too scared to get hurt again, so I just kept to myself for the next few years. What about you?"

"Me?" I could pretty much hear the arrogance pouring out of his mouth. "Nope, I haven't had my heart broken before. Well at least not by a girl. My parents gave my dog away when I was little though, that was pretty tough."

I hit his chest again and sat up. "We're supposed to be honest! That's the only way you're getting back between my legs," With that, I pushed my hips down a bit, grinding on his lower half.