Chapter Fifteen: Out Like a Light

Reece and I spent around an hour listening to music and hanging out until there was a knock on the door.

“Come in!” he called.

The door opened to reveal a smiling Marianna. “You two kissed and made up so quick?”

“Not much kissing, but yes,” I huffed.

“Someone sounds grumpy,” Reece joked. I could hear the smirk in his voice. “Ready to give in?”

Mari watched us, amused but clearly confused. “Never,” I deadpanned.

“Anyway,” she started. “We’re going to meet up with everyone for dinner.”

“Who’s everyone?” I asked. I really didn’t want to see Andre, and I still wasn’t sure if I was going to tell Sierra about what happened.

Marianna grimaced a bit before answering. “Raven, Jasper, Josh, Sierra… and Andre.”

I felt Reece’s eyes on me as I let out a sigh. “For sure, I want to go home to change first though.”

“I’ll come with you,” Reece offered as he slid off of the bed.

Marianna nodded and returned to Travis’ room. I grabbed my jacket and the two of us headed out. Once we got to the car, I knew what was coming. At least he had waited until we were on our way before speaking.

“Did something happen?”

My eyes never left the road as I replied, “Nope.”

“Are you lying to me?”

“Nope,”

“Mal,” he said, his voice low. “What happened?”

I switched into the turning lane and took a second to debate whether or not I should tell him about Andre. “Nothing,” I decided.

“Why are you lying to me!?” he suddenly yelled. I stayed quiet as I heard him take several deep breaths. “Malorie, what did Andre do?”

The sound of my full name coming from his mouth shocked me. I had to compose myself to ensure that my voice came out steady. “Why would he have done anything?”

Call me stubborn. This was a well known fact. Andre was his friend, and it’s not like Reece and I were together, so Andre attempting to make a move on me really shouldn’t have anything to do with him. Literally an hour ago, he was telling me that he cared about me, and now he was going to start an argument with me for no reason?

I parked in the lot behind my building, and exited the car without a word. The walk up the stairs was silent as I prayed that Andre wouldn’t be in the hallway when we arrived. My wish was granted and we entered my apartment.

“I’m going to take a shower,” I stated, leaving Reece in my room.

When I returned, he was laying on my bed with his eyes closed. Assuming that he was asleep, I began to search for clothes. I opened the door of my closet so that I was hidden from his view and dropped my towel. After getting dressed, I took a seat at my desk and began doing my makeup.

“I’ve seen you naked multiple times, you didn’t need to hide,” said a voice after some time.

I turned around to find Reece now sitting up and watching me. “We’ve barely gotten into this bet, I didn’t want to tempt you too much.”

He let out a cute chuckle and shook his head. “You really are something, you know.”

I ignored the blush that painted my face and went on to apply my lashes. It seemed that he was back to normal now, thankfully. When Reece got angry, it was quite frightening. His energy affected the air all around him and his eyes went several shades darker. The scariest part was that his face got completely blank, and it was difficult to anticipate his next moves.