46. Break Up

" Girls... I think this is where we say goodbye. "

Tiyana giggled, " Yeah right. Let's hurry on now. "

A few steps forward, she looked back again. "Tyler? Cut the act and walk. "

I said in my most serious voice, "I'm not joking. This is where we must part ways. "

Both of them shrieked, "WHAT?" Even Riolu revealed his surprise.

" If you two come with me, I can't guarantee your safety. Team Black might pull this off again and I might not be able to protect you."

" Are you serious? We don't need your protection. We can do so ourselves," Tiyana said.

I narrowed my eyes, " Yeah... I could see that a few minutes ago."

Neither found a good arguement for that. Eventually, Margret spoke up, "Tyler, I joined your group so that I could learn how to become stronger. For the last two days, I feel so much different... So much stronger than I ever felt. "

I summoned my most serious voice, "Don't bring that stuff into this Margret. Everyone is born strong... They just have to realize it the easy way or the hard way. "

" Then what about you? Won't you be targetted harder after this? Won't you be in more dan-"

I cut her off. " I know how to protect myself. You haven't seen me at my hundred percent. "

Margret's head tilted down. Tiyana's voice was shrill, "Tyler, you're just being selfish! "

" If me being selfish is what it takes for you two to be safe, I'm willing to stay this way. "

She clentched her trembling fists. "You you are indirectly telling us that you don't want weaklings by your side... "

" Why can't you understand? " Anger was slowly taking over my voice. "Neither of you have seen Team Black like I have. Sheer number of ruthless grunts, overpowered capable leaders, strong and rare Pokemon, deceit and treachery, stupid stab in the back and... Mega Evolutions... You think you can survive against all that? "

Margret look this turn, with a raised cry, " What makes YOU think you can survive all that?"

I grumbled, " As I said, you haven't seen my hundred percent. "

Tiyana growled, " So you take us for weaklings then? "

" I don't want anyone getting hurt in the mess that I started. I'm begging you, let me finish what I started. "

" You haven't answered my question... "

I sighed. It kills me to say this lie but I have to. "Yeah... As much as I hate to admit it, you have been nothing but... burdens to my..."

I didn't have to finish that. Both of them gasped. Tiyana was on the verge of tears. "Tyler... You dare say that now? Of all the times you say that now? "

My voice quivered, " I've said I want I wanted to. I'm doing all this so neither of you will get hurt in this mess. "

There was dead silence for a long time. Even wild Pokemon stopped to look over at the tension which was slowly building up among the three of us. Finally, Tiyana spoke in a shaky voice, "Fine... Let's settle this once and for all... We have a three-on-three battle. If I win, you have no say on what we do. If you win... You get your way. Accepted? "

I stiffled a sigh and didn't reply. Margret was beginning to lose her strength and sat on the ground, all spent.

Tiyana didn't bother waiting and flung her Pokeball, releasing her first Pokemon to battle. Axew. Tiyana knew exactly what she was doing. Sending out Axew ruled out four of my five Pokemon since Dragon types are resistant to Fire, Water, Electric and Grass. Practically speaking, I only had Riolu to battle this out.