35. Forms of Aura

The Aura Sphere propelled me to the tree yet again. I grunted in the pain. Looking back, the bark had pretty much taken the shape of my back. Personally, I found it hilarious. After all, this was my twenty-secondth time trying to fight Neil with a blindfold on.

Time to play Good news/Bad news? Let's go for good news. Riolu trained with us the whole time and learnt to create an Aura Sphere in half an hour. That Pokemon is truly a gifted one.

Bad news, I barely even scratched the surface. Neil had promised that once I defend against all his attacks, I would be able to create an Aura Sphere. Yet, I was in no shape to defend against him. Blistering back and bruised elbows, man I hurt. The morning sunlight didn't help at all!

Neil tipped his hat up, " Want a break? "

I shook my head, " Although I'd love to, it would just make me linger here forever. My friend in expecting me soon. "

Throughout our session, Neil found that my 'perseverance' was the trait he liked about me the most. Yet, he never pulled those devastating blows back.

I prepared myself for another beat down, but this time, I actually try to ignore the pain and press on. " Ready when you are. "

Neil's aura flickered like always. I sidestepped the Aura Sphere and got ready to block the kick to my right side. Flicking the pain off, I jumped to avoid the incoming sweep. Placing my hands on my stomach to shield against the uppercut, I rolled away in mid-air. In those precious two seconds, I whacked my brain to remember his next move. When he got close for a wide left-swing, I ducked and rolled back to dodge the swirling low kick.

As Neil prepared the Aura Sphere, I took support of the ground to roll away from the attack. The cloud of dust kicked up by the sphere had no affect against the Aura vision. Neil pressed on with a high kick. I deflected it off with an X-block and took several steps as he regained balance. What I didn't expect is an Aura Sphere coming straight for my poor tummy. In an act of desparation, I tried to ward off the ball with an arm thrust.

For a moment, the sphere stopped in my palms. The rattling force of the sphere made my arms to tremble and my body to be push backed. I could feel the power of the Aura Sphere. It took the space of my both palms and felt like holding a ball of steel. Part of the energy flowed through my arms and forced it to vibrate slightly from the inside. At that moment, I knew what was it like to summon the Aura Sphere.

Out of the blue, like literally out of the blue, a knee kick to the sphere caused it to explode. I was knocked back from the force and the Aura Guardian adjusted his hat, " That has never happened before. No one in history was able to stop a foe's Aura Sphere. Tyler, you've out done yourself. "

I was confused on what to say. Eventually, this came out, "Thanks? "

Neil prepared his stance, " Are you ready for the final round? So far, you have done very well. Time to see if you can see-through random attacks. "

I inhaled and readied myself. Without warning, he rushed forward with a left hook. I ducked and X-blocked the incoming knee kick. I reeled from the sheer force and pressed the pain down. Neil was behind me in no time and attempted a supplex. My right leg tackled his right and he lost balance. An elbow strike to the shoulder forced him to release me.

Neil was smiling by the time he stood. He charged again with a straight kick. I sidestepped and grabbed hold of his hands for a forward throw. Before Neil crashed down, an Aura Sphere narrowly missed my nose. I was blown back from the pressure and Neil didn't look hurt, much. (Remember, all this is in a blindfold! I've literally shocked myself.)

As blue energy formed around Neil's arms, a crazy idea popped and lit up. The ball of energy zoomed for me. I stopped the pulsing ball with an arm thrust and pivoted on my left leg. With a hurl, I propelled Neil's Aura Sphere at him. A direct contact on the astonished man's chest caused him to fly for a bit. I thought I had defeated Neil after five hours from waking up at six.

When Neil recovered, a proud  smile was plastered onto his face. He placed his arm on my shoulder and praised, " Tyler! That was beyond amazing. Not only did you defend against all my attacks but also added a few attacks of your own. I'm proud of your grown skill. "

When I took off the blindfold, it didn't make much difference. The Aura vision and my normal vision were practically merged. But Aura vision had some bonuses like seeing at night, sensing emotions and all those good stuff.

Neil awarded my efforts with a hour's rest. My Pokepals on the other side cheered me on throughout the fight. Now, they were all around me in an embrace. I was happy and for once, I didn't feel the killing pain everywhere.

Neil tipped his hat, " Alright. Now you have passed to the stage where you can manifest aura physically. I hope you're ready. "

I grinned, " Sure am! "

" When you held my Aura Sphere, how did it feel? "

" It felt like... Unstable energy trying to burst through my skin and at the same time, enter it. The force on my palms were incredible. And yeah, it gave a chilling effect to my arms. "

He grinned, " That makes it a while lot easier. Try to recall the feeling, but this time use your own power. "

I nodded. Closing my eyes, turning off the Aura vision, I focused on that unforeseen power. The ice needle trying to enter and exit my arms. The goosebumps which the sphere created. The rattling force of the sphere trying to explode. The force I had to exhert to push the projectile back. I recalled all of it.

Soon, I heard the sound of wind whirling all about. Narrowly opening my eyes, I saw the grin on Neil's face and the surprise on my Pokemon's. Tilting down, I saw the fist sized ball of pure energy formed around my palms. I was beyond hyped at the brilliant progress I made. Neil gave the order, " Now open fire! "

With a slight twitch of my wrist, the ball hurled forward with breakneck speed and crushed a tall rock into rubble. I was surprised at the force of the attack.

Neil patted me on the back, "Great going Tyler. You have exceeded my expectations once again. "

I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly at the compliment. Shortly, he went in detail about all the capabilities of aura.

" I've shown you only one of the numerous forms aura can be manifested to. If you imagine hard, the aura summoned will take the shape of what you will. Like this, " Wisps of blue energy formed around his left hand and took the shape of a blue flower. It vanished and took the form of a Pidgey which looked at me with its blue eyes.

" Fascinating isn't it? " he asked.

" Yeah... It is. "

I attempted a try. The blue ball created itself around my palms. I imagined a flower and willed for the ball to change. Slowly but steadily, the ball sprouted petals and a stem. Within a minute of patient waiting and focus, a flower bloomed in my hands.

" Excellent, " Neil patted me, "Try again and prepare a sword in less than a minute. "

I exhaled and made the sphere. With extreme focus and imagination, the sphere elongated to a double edged longsword. The time taken was a minute and a half though.

Neil continued to encourage me, " Once more. Never give up. "

The longsword dissipated. Causing the wisps of blue mist to hover, I forged a longsword in a minute. The next try took three seconds less. The elevnth try took thrirty seconds and the exhausting thirtieth time took less than three seconds.

Sweat trickled down my forehead and my stomach grumbled for food by the end of that. Neil chuckled and prepared lunch which was a basket full of fruits and berries. A gobbled up the stuff and filled my belly with the variety of berries. Oran, Pecha, Razz, Nanab, all that. I lied on the ground after finishing up. Neil and the gang took their time to finish up.

Neil began, " I have nothing new to teach today. So practice on your forms for the rest of the day. Once you master every form you can imagine, we'll proceed to the final stage. "

I nodded in agreement. I wonder, what would the final stage hold for me?