17. Battle in the Base

Just when I though everything was over. Why can't I just take a break?

I looked back. A purple haired guy, wearing the same decaled coat as Kevin and the others, stood. This guy, instead of having a skull on the shoulder pad, it was a star.

He had a long battle scar across his nose and eyes. On first glance itself, he radiated danger. The emotionless eyes, scars and the frown were all bad news.

He said, " Didn't you hear me? "

I replied, " Outside. "

" You think yourself funny kid? "

" What if I do? "

" I'll be glad to break that humour. "

This conversation was getting nowhere. I said, " You here to battle or something? "

A twitch at the edge of his lips indicated a smile I guess, "Something better. Capture you and your girlfriend there. "

Tiyana and I screamed, " He/She is NOT my boy/girl-friend! " We looked at each other and I said to that creep, " Who do you think you are dude? A friendship rater or what? "

He grinned, sinisterly, " Actually, a friendship breaker. Go Houndoom. "

The hell dog snarled at us. Riolu was ready for a fight. " Riolu, Feint! "

The Houndoom took a hit but looked barely affected. The creep uttered, " Fire Blast. "

At point blank, the star-shaped fire blasted Riolu away. Luckily, that was not much damage. He continued, " Now Bite. "

I commanded, " Counter! "

The bite was too fast to counter. The fangs pierced Riolu's left arm. The scream made my ears go numb. Riolu quickly unleashed a Force Palm on the dog's ear. Because of that, it was deaf on one side. I quickly said, "Riolu, Mega Punch. "

The Houndoom was still recovering when the punch landed on its snout. It was pushed in, literally. The foe reeled far back the guy in a flash.

He closed his eyes, releasing his grip on the Pokeball, " Go Gengar."

The air began to chill

The air began to chill. Definitely bad news. This Ghost type Pokemon is fast, strong and likes to play with its opponents. A deadly moveset and the fact that Normal type moves have no affect, it was a tough opponent.

I had to call Luxio for this fight, he's got the experience to fight ghosts. The man said, " Shadow Punch. "

Gengar's hands glowed with dark energy. With infinite accuracy, the punch landed on Luxio stealing some life force. I retaliated, " Luxio, Discharge! " The current caught Gengar but it looked barely affected. I quickly ordered for a Thunder Fang, Gengar was not quick enough to dodge that.

The creep's face was emotionless, like he'd know he would win. Well, that was not going to happen soon. " Luxio, Charge! "

Particles of light gathered around his body. He ordered, "Use Confuse Ray! "