9. Say Hi!

Yet again, Eliot lost another thousand Pokédollars. His hatred was fueled even further. He readily swore to defeat me someday, not that I want to lose to him.

I asked, " By the way, where's Kadabra? "

" None of your business, " he snorted.

He walked away dejected although he tried to hide it. Typical rivals.

I looked around for 'princess' but to no avail. Joy had informed that she visited no more than an hour ago; not that I care what happens to her. Those who mistreat Pokémon deserve more than what she got.

When I was ready to leave by midday, Nurse Joy stopped me, "Tyler, Charmander wants to see you."

" Since when do you understand Pokémon? "

She winked, " We nurses know a lot more than you give credit for. Now hurry up if you want to leave."

Charmander was sitting on a stretcher. This kinda reminded me of when I first met Riolu. I nudged Riolu and he smiled.

Charmander looked at me happily. The injuries had disappeared, another fantastic job by the Nurse. "Char, Charmander!" he called.

" Hi Charmander. Nice to see you up and about. I am really sorry for your previous 'trainer'." It felt disgusting to call that girl 'trainer'. "But now you have a free life. Enjoy it while it lasts. "

He shook his head. My eyebrows rose. Nurse Joy smiled, "He wants to come with you. "

My eyes were wide open, "What!?"

Charmander nodded. I asked, "You adamant on that? Don't wanna live freely? "

Charmander's reply was positive. I smiled, "Welcome to the crew."
Riolu and Luxio cheered. The third member and friend was here!

Poking the PokéBall on his forehead, the white flash caught him. To release the happiness, I yelled, "The strongest Starter Pokémon is with me now! "

" I am happy for you, Tyler, " Nurse Joy said, "You are a really nice person. It's no surprise that Pokemon want to come with you." Luxio and Riolu cheered in agreement.

" Come on you guys. My cheeks hurt from smiling! "

We laughed and what made Charmander happy, made me too. Isn't this ironic? The trainer who didn't get any Pokémon has three now. Three powerful ones; three I am proud of.

After waving goodbye, we continued on the long journey west where Cianwood City and the next badge awaited.

****

The long walk there was tiring. The map showed that we hardly made any progress. Now, all I wanted was a bicycle. Ah, when the wind slices around you when you ride a cycle, it's second only to flying. (For me.)

As we walked, a sidetrack revealed a cave called Rezmond Cave. I had no idea that such a cave existed. From the maps and atlas, caves where filled with Rock and Ground type Pokémon. Some are rumoured to hide Legendary Pokémon who appear only to those worthy to see them. Some were ordinary mining sites. But this particular one looked like none of the other caves. I could feel a different vibe to it. I decided to enter it 'cause it's a huge shortcut which saves about three hours. (To me that's a LOT.)

It was dark for about two minutes. Then a faint light from the other side called me forward. As I approached I heard whispers, "Will it really work? "

What would? People in the cave? That's rare...

" It's got to. Else, we will be in big trouble. A very big one. "