26. Mt. Silver

" Tyler? Are you still there? " Tiyana asked as we made our way inside the dark creepy scary cave.

" That depends. Charmeleon, care to give us some light? " I tossed the Pokeball and there was light. "Char, Charmeleon, " he replied and the flame on his tail lit up brightly.

Tiyana sighed in relief, " Thanks a lot Charmeleon. "

I attempted a fake cough. She grinned and said, " Nope. No thanks to you. "

I coughed for real and continued inside; Charmeleon lighting up the way. Some Zubats were hanging upside-down on the ceiling. Thankfully, they were too deep in sleep to fly and attack us on the way out. We treaded silently.

Not too far ahead, we heard sounds. We stopped and listened closely. The sound of foot steps was clearly audible although they were not human. Riolu hopped next to Charmeleon, ready for a fight. When the source entered the light, we were shocked to the core. It was a wild Axew.

The green bipedal with tusks protruding from its mouth stood and inspected us

The green bipedal with tusks protruding from its mouth stood and inspected us. Axew is a Dragon type Pokemon and quite rare. I mumbled, " When Woody said rare, I didn't expect THIS rare. "

Tiyana was at a loss for words. When she did manage to mutter, it was this, " So.... CUTE! "

The tiny Axew came closer and sniffed Riolu and Charmeleon. Then came closer and sniffed the both of us. It was actually surprising, wild Pokemon usually don't approach people like this. When it was done with the sniffing, it climbed Tiyana and sat on her cap, "Axew... " it purred.

Tiyana's face was red, she squealed, " Does it like me?! "

I grinned, " Seems so. Congratulaions. "

" Y-you don't m-mind? "

" Why should I? This little one deserves to be with you. "

" Ax-ew! " the dino agreed. Riolu jumped onto my head not so long after. Charmeleon led the way.

" Who goes there? " a deep voice echoed throughout the cave. When the source stepped out, he was the bulky man who tried to attack me in the Cianwood Mall, Uvan, I think.

" Sup... Uvan, I guess? "

Tiyana whispered behind me, "You know this gymboy? "

Uvan laughed, " You got that right kid. Last time, that friend of yours interfered our battle. I want a rematch now. " He cracked his knuckles.

My eyebrows arched, " Isn't protecting the huge secret, or whatever inside, the priority? "

" Nah, " he mumbled, " Battling is more important. Besides, I am protecting the secret from you!" 
He yanked the Pokeball from his coat and hurled it, releasing a Golem.

I said, " Charmeleon, let Riolu handle this. " Charmeleon sneered at the duo and returned to my side. Riolu flipped to battle.

Uvan began, " Golem, Takedown."