A chance encounter

Start from the beginning

The three of them skidded around into an alleyway and Camila's eyes widened at the sight of a chain metal fence halfway down the alley. She watched in frustration as the figure bounded up the fence, kicking the stack of boxes she'd used as a boost over behind her.

The figure landed heavily on the pavement on the other side of the fence as Camila and Ally crashed into the chainlink. The person checked the duffel bag on their shoulder, a pistol loosely tucked into the front of their jeans.

Camila slammed her palm against the fence as Ally turned around to try and cut the person off at the other end of the alley.

"Sorry sweetheart, but today just ain't your day." The figure chuckled, pulling their hood down and leaving Camila dumbstruck.

The same green eyes looked back at her.

"You." She mumbled, blinking at her, her fingers clutching at the fence.

"Lauren. Lauren Jauregui." The woman said with a quick bow.

"As in the Jauregui crime family?" Camila said with wide eyes. Lauren shrugged, adjusting the bag's straps as a car came swerving down the alley behind her. "I'm gonna get you." Camila said lowly.

Lauren laughed as she wandered over to the car, the back door already opened for her.

"Please babe, don't go above your paygrade." Lauren said with a salute, ducking into the car and slamming the door shut behind her.

Camila drew her pistol and aimed it at the driver. The driver rolled her eyes and started reversing out the alley.

"Ally!" Camila yelled as she saw her partner entering the alleyway as the car picked up speed. Camila let out a sigh when Ally dove out of the way and the car went skidding out into traffic, causing chaos before peeling away from them.

Ally made her way down to Camila and holstered her pistol.

"You find out who they were?" Ally asked, still slightly out of breath.

"Lauren fucking Jauregui." Camila growled, shoving her pistol back into it's holster and grabbing her radio.

----

"Hey newbie, heard you had a run in with Jauregui earlier."

Camila looked up from the table and saw her friend Hayley grinning down at her.

"His daughter." Camila said glumly.

"Ooh, which one?" Hayley pulled up a chair and leaned on the table with an eyebrow wiggle. "The hot one or the really hot one?"

"I'm hoping the hot one but... Lauren?" Camila sighed. Hayley cackled and smacked her hand on the table with a snort.

"Nope. Super hot Jauregui; pansexual criminal mastermind... supposedly."

"Supposedly?"

"Rumour has it daddy's grooming her to be boss one day." Hayley said, sipping on Camila's coffee and glancing at the vending machine thoughtfully.

"Well today she was robbing a jewelry store in broad daylight." Camila groaned. "And I couldn't catch her."

"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it, Jauregui is a major crimes unit case. His daughter is currently a robbery case but the way she's going, don't be surprised if upstairs suddenly catch her as a homicide case." Hayley said with a click of her tongue.

"You really think she could kill someone?" Camila said, scratching at the peeling paint on the table.

"The Jauregui's are a mean bunch Mila, they don't have a line not to cross." Hayley said before someone called her name and she scurried over to them.