Chapter 8

Link woke up at exactly 7 in the morning, which was odd, as he was not what someone would call a 'Morning Person'. He rolled around for a bit to try and go back to sleep but he couldn't. Accepting his defeat, he finally got up and saw a note on his bedtable.

Link,

Meet me at the training grounds before 7:15, there are some people who would like to meet you. I have put some Sheikah Royal Clothes next to your bed. Wear them.

Impa

Sure enough, Link found some clothes on a chair next to his bed. He quickly put them on. They were Dark Blue in colour, with the occasionally white, black and gold mixed in, and carried the Sheikah Insignia, emblazoned on its chest area. He then left for the training grounds.

On the way, Link was thinking about who 'The People who wanted to meet him' could be. He had no childhood friends or anybody who he hadn't seen for a while.

When he reached the grounds, he saw around 50 People standing there chatting away to each other. Most of them were women, who looked as old as Impa, and there were young people who looked the same age as Link. He couldn't help but notice some people who he had definately seen in Ordon. He was just about to ask them but he was interrupted.

"Your Hig- Link! You're here!" It was Impa, dressed in the same colour dress as Link's, but it looked more like a soldier's and less regal. 

"Yes Impa, I'm here. Who are all these people? And are they here to meet me?" Link was nervous.

"They are your people Link, the remnants of the Sheikah."

Link suddenly felt a strange sensation in his heart. He felt... pride, guilt and a strange affection towards all of them. He had had many friends and people who became close to him in his life, but they never felt like his Family. But now, these strangers, he felt like they were his family.

"Are you alright?" Impa interrupted his thoughts.

"Yeah... I was just thinking, I feel as if these people are my family."

Impa broke into a wide smile, " But they are. Every Sheikah to have ever lived is your family. These are all your brother and sisters. Now let's introduce you to them. Some of them have been around since... Since it happened, and have been dying to see their new Possible King."

"Wait what do you mean Possible?"

"Oh there's always the chance you'll fail the Trial of the Kings..."

"And what is the Trial of the Kings exactly?" Link gulped, he felt a bit scared now, as if it was anything related to magic, he would not be able to complete the trial at all.

"Worry not my child, I'll explain it to you later. Now, it's time to talk to the people."

With that, Impa looked towards the Crowd and spoke loudly than before, "My Brothers and Sisters, today we're here to welcome back Link Micah Forrester, the Sheikah Prince, to our Tribe!"

Many people cheered. Link heard some of them saying, "He looks so much like his Father." and "He is gonna restore the Sheikah to their former position, I know it!". But he heard one young man, who looked the same age as Link say, "He, King? He looks even worse than his old man."