Chapter 10

Link woke up feeling particularly nervous. It was finally the day. The day for which he had been preparing for the last 4 weeks.

"The Trial of the Kings", Link said in a whisper, wondering what awaited him.

He quickly got up and got dressed in the blue-white Sheikah Warrior Gear. He stood in front of the mirror and mentally prepared himself for the trial, which would determine if he would be the Sheikah King, or die a failure.

Yes, Impa had so kindly told him about this just yesterday, the Trial was life and death, if he failed, he would perish, and somebody else would attempt the trial, until someone finally succeeded and they would be crowned the Ruler of the Sheikah.

He went out of his room to the courtyard and was greeted by a delegation of Sheikah.

"Link, how are you feeling?" Asked Impa.

"Fine."

"Your Highness, I have complete trust that you will surpass the trial with ease."

"Thanks Dokkaebi."

Dokkaebi smiled, but gave a look to her son Hayden which made him say with a scoff, "Good Luck.", as if he would rather be saying the complete opposite.

Link chose not to reply to this.

Impa took him aside from the rest. "Link, you can do this, I believe in you. Your parents believe in you. Zelda believes in you."

At this, link's face suddenly perked up, for the first time, he actually felt like he could do this.

"When does the Trial start?"

"In exactly 1 hour, you should clear your mind till then, meditate."

So link got on his knees, closed his eyes and started thinking of the one person he is doing everything for.

Zelda.

***

"Link, get up!"

Link opened his eyes quickly, and his hand went straight to his Master Sword, "Wh- Wha- What happened?"

He saw Impa standing in front of him and Hayden on the side, laughing.

"He's supposed to lead us? What a joke."

"Shut Up Hayden!" said a Raven haired sheikah, who looked around link's age.

"Yeah whatever Aya." said Hayden with a scoff and left.

Aya looked at link and gave him a reassuring smile, then followed Hayden.

"Pay him no mind. He is not worth it. Now come, the trial starts in a few minutes." Said Impa.

***

Link followed Impa to an open field, with a huge Obsidian box in the middle and a circular ring around it. Spectators lined up around the field to watch.

Impa suddenly gave him a hug, and said "You can do this. Now go, stand inside the circle."

Link gave a smile back and did as he was told.

Impa went up to a stand and said in a loud voice, "My fellow Sheikah, we are all gathered here today as witnesses, to see Prince Link Forrester, son of Micah and Lana Forrester, attempt the Trial of the Kings. If he is successful, he will be crowned Ruler of the Sheikah and be given the title King. However, if he fails, he will perish and any Sheikah present here, above the age 21 can attempt the trial."

At this Link looked at Hayden, who was smirking mischievously.

"Now, Let the trial, BEGIN."

A Sheikah man started speaking, "Challenger! Draw your weapon."