Chapter 11

Zelda woke up on the cold and dirty floor she had been sleeping on. She was inside a cell in Gerudo Town, with two guards stationed outside.

"Did you sleep well princess?" asked one of the guards mockingly, they both cackled.

"Assholes." muttered Zelda.
"What did you say?!"
"I called you two ASSHOLES!" shouted Zelda angrily.

"Ain't you got a mouth, I'll teach you not to speak in that tone again girl." The guard opened her cell and kicker her in the guts.

Zelda screamed.
On the other side of the vast Gerudo Desert, a man woke up to reveal his blue eyes, that were full of determination. Link was ready.

***

Link got out of bed and got dressed in his royal armor. He had let Zelda stay in the hands of that piece of shit scumbag Ganondorf far too long, he shuddered just thinking about it. But today he was gonna rescue her, and he was gonna make Ganondorf pay. And if he had even lifted a finger on his Zelda, he would make his death as excruciating as possible.

His Zelda.
He had tried to tell her on the day of the battle, hell he wanted to say it the first day he got to Gerudo Town, but he would tell her today, no matter what it took, he would rescue Zelda and tell her.

He came out of his room and felt the hot desert wind in his face, he found Impa organizing the troops for the battle to come.

The soldiers stopped to salute Link as he passed them, it still felt very weird to him, being called 'Your Highness' and 'My King', but he had to get used to his new title. On seeing him Impa bowed, "Your Highness, the army is almost ready to go. You should give them a speech, rally them up."

"Tell them to assemble in the courtyard when ready."

Usually Link would be a little nervous before giving a speech like this, but not today. Nothing else mattered except saving Zelda to him.

He grabbed his Master Sword and the Shield of Evil's Bane, along with a bow from the armory. It seemed as if Ganondorf was unable to retrieve the shield when he attacked. The shield made him remember Rusl... he chuckled slightly when he thought of the two of them bickering over it's name, that seemed so long ago to him now. He decided to call it the Hylian Shield now, as Rusl liked.

He went to the courtyard, where he saw Terminian and Hylian soldiers getting ready. Some were talking and laughing, some were sitting silently, mentally preparing themselves. Others were sparring or sharpening their blades. But everyone fell silent when they saw Link. He got onto a raised platform, and got ready to rally the troops.

"Hyruleans, I ask a great deal of you today, I ask you to give your blood, toil, tears and sweat, for your Queen and Country. Terminians, I ask you to follow me, your Prince, into a dangerous battle. It will not be easy, you will be at great risk, but I need each and every one of you to achieve victory. No one of you will be forced to fight, if anyone of you wishes to leave, you may do so now, you will not be stopped."

Link paused for a moment, one soldier fidgeted, but nobody moved from their spots, this made him smile.

"That scumbag Ganondorf thinks he can beat us, he thinks he can abduct our Queen and we won't do anything about it, well I say differently! I say we head over to Gerudo Town and we teach that piece of shit a lesson!"