Chapter 34

"What are you thinking about?" I asked as I absentmindedly ran my hands over his bare chest

We were in bed cuddling and it was now dark outside. I was resting my head on Emilio's chest, while he played with my hair. I must say that I was really enjoying this.

"Stuff" was his simple reply.

"What stuff?" I asked wanting him to elaborate.

"I'm just thinking about how much my life has changed. I never imagined that my life would turn out this way" he said a little distracted.

"Tell me about it. There was a time when I hated your guts and wanted you dead" I smiled a little at the memories.

"Touché sweetheart" he said with a chuckle.

He moved his hand from my hair and brought it to my baby bump, which was huge. Everyone kept on telling me that I was carrying twins. Because according to them my belly was way too big at just 5 months. I have told them over and over again that I was indeed in fact only having one baby.

The ultrasounds had shown only one baby, so I was more than certain that I was carrying only one child. I have been eating like crazy and then would later break down crying that I was fat. It was a rollercoaster of emotions that always left Emilio trying and failing miserably to comfort me.

Emilio had now positioned himself beside me with his head right beside my belly. He always did this, always talked to my belly before he left for work. It was hilarious and sweet at the same time.

He was now telling the baby a story as I watched him. A knock interrupted us and he told the person to come in after he threw the covers over me. I wasn't naked, but he didn't want anyone seeing me in my night clothes, because according to him they were too revealing.

"We have a problem" the man said eyeing me wearily as if he wasn't sure if he could continue with me in the room. Emilio caught on and told him it was fine and he should go ahead.

"The warehouse at Bridgeport is under attack as we speak and they are requesting immediate back up" he rushed out.

"Round up some men and get them ready. I'll be down soon" Emilio ordered and he immediately left the room to do as he was told.

"You have to go, I know" I said with a frown.

"You know I can't leave my men hanging, Tesoro" he said pecking my cheek.

"But what about me? What about the baby? What if something happens to you?" I murmured with unshed tears.

He took my small hands in his own much larger ones, caressing them softly. He looked at me with an intense look before he began talking.

"Nothing will happen to me. I'll be fine, besides it'll take more than a bullet to kill me" he joked, but it wasn't funny to me.

"Look, I have to do this. It's something I have been doing for a long time and I will be fine. Before you know it, I'll be back to give you a foot massage" he smiled.