Chapter 8: Gryffindor V Slytherin

Start from the beginning

"But who?" Harry asked.

I looked up to the teacher's table. "I think I have a good idea." I motioned for Harry to turn around, seeing that Hedwig was being stroked by none other than Professor McGonagall. She looked at us and smiled. I swear that she might have looked straight at Lana and I.

As the time came for the Quidditch match to start, Harry left with the rest of the Gryffindor team and Lana went to join the other Ravenclaws to watch the match. Ron was excited and left to go to the stands to get some good seats for us while Hermione stood up and held out her arm to me.

"You shouldn't put too much pressure on your arm." She said sweetly. "Come on, we should go and join Ron." I reached out and grabbed her arm and she pulled me up from my seat. As I stood up, Hermione then turned herself around and took my right hand with her left. "Thanks for the help, 'Mione." I said as I smiled.

She turned her head to face me and smiled back. "Anytime." She said as we made our way to the Quidditch field.

Lana POV

I joined my fellow Ravenclaws on the way toward the Quidditch field. I like Quidditch but not as much as Y/N. He absolutely loves it! His favorite team is the Ballycastle Bats. He would be enjoying himself with the other Gryffindors. In fact, he might even be giddy right about now, since I just saw him and Hermione walking together towards the field.

And he was holding hands with her!

(My ship is sailing!)

As we arrived at the open field, I saw the familiar Quiddtich set-up, ready for the two teams to play. Many students were cheering their heads off as the players soared into the air while a voice boomed over the field.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!"

This was apparently the voice of Lee Jordan, A Gryffindor who was also the Quidditch commentator. The players then took their positions in the air where I saw a familiar raven-haired boy among them. Even if I couldn't see Harry clearly, I could tell that he's still feeling nervous about the game.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game." Lee's voice boomed over the field.

Madam Hooch moved her mouth to say a few words and then she stepped over to a trunk and kicked it, releasing the bludgers.

"The bludgers are up..." Lee continued. "Followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game."

The snitch flew off into a blur and flew around both of the seeker's heads while Madam Hooch grabbed the Quaffle, ready to put it into the game.

"The Quaffle is released... and the game begins!"

Gryffindor took the lead and possession of the Quaffle. "And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor, what an excellent chaser that girl is and rather attractive too-"

Before Lee could continue his sentence, he was cut off by Professor McGonagall exclaiming "JORDAN!" as she was overseeing him.

"Sorry, Professor."

Angelina raced past the Slytherins and scored points for the Gryffindor team, earning them 10 points on the board. All kinds of cheers were heard from everyone but the Slytherins. Typical of those sore losers.

The game continued as Gryffindor scored more and more points with everyone on the edge of their seats. The Slytherins tried to get points as they began to play dirty by kicking, dodging, all the like, until the Slytherin captain, Marcus Flint decided to grab a beaters bat and whack a bludger towards the Gryffindor Captain and Keeper, Oliver Wood. It hit him in the stomach and he fell to the ground, knocked out and out of the game.