3 rewrite

I woke the next morning to the blaring of an alarm I did not remember setting. I was grateful for it though. I could see past the corners of the curtains it was still dark outside which would allow me a jump on the day. It was Wednesday and I was determined to do a full day's work and then some. Working was an art and I would treat it as such. I wanted to put my all into everything I did, and this job was no exception. Sure, I had a rough start, but I was ready to turn it around for the better.

    Have you ever started a day and knew it was going to be a productive one? The kind of days where you wake up on time, stay on schedule, and plan everything out down to the T? The days where nothing can go wrong because you have made up your mind to not get distracted and carry on no matter what life throws at you? Well, this was going to be one of those days. I had my mind fixed on it and I was going to make sure of it.

    I turned off the alarm on the company phone that was currently on the nightstand charging. With one final elongated blink I rubbed my eyes and stood from the warm comfort of the bed. One of the first thing I wanted to purchase for my apartment was a new bed. I could only imagine going home and being comfortable instead of stressed and restless all the time. This job brought me hope and a sliver of happiness.

     I walked away from the bed I wanted to stay in forever and entered the bathroom. This bathroom was different then the one in Jace's room which was a minor setback in my day.

    Emerging from the bathroom 20 minutes later I was ready to get to work. I was not sure if we were going into the office today or working from home again, so I set off to find Jace. I first checked his room and office coming up short. The last place I thought he could be was the kitchen, so I dragged my feet and went to check. Walking into the kitchen Jace towered over the stove and I could not believe I had not smelled the food when I first woke up.

    I stopped beside him at the stove to see what he was cooking. Pancakes I thought to myself as I looked at the batter start to change in composition into a little flat cake.

"Are we going in today or?", I trailed off not feeling the need to complete my sentence.

"No, we will be working from here today. I need to show you how to schedule my meetings, visits, and other various task properly according to the days", I nodded as he finished.

    Watching him flip the pancake I assumed all that information would have been in my email on boarding but apparently not.

    Once all the food was placed on the table, I grabbed a medium sized pancake, small scoop of eggs, and a piece of bacon. The food was good and once again I was shocked at his ability to cook. I finished the food thinking breakfast just might become my favorite kind of food to eat. Pancakes were underrated and I would not tolerate it any longer; I wanted them daily.

    I did not sit at the table -past my last bite of food. I washed my dish and set up in the living room to get to work.

"Come to my office today, I need to show you the scheduling and you will be better equipped there", Jace walked away after informing me on this decision.

    Why would he wait until I had everything set up to tell me? I thought to myself. I am sure he knew of this plan when he decided to teach these things personally so why wait until I was set up and comfortable. The man was inconsiderate and a slight nuisance, I once again entertained my thoughts as I smiled relocating my laptop and various items to his office.

    There was just his desk and a coffee table of sorts in the room. I decided on the coffee table to allow us the appropriate space we both needed to work properly. Deciding the chair was better than the couch to work in I settled in and started by answering emails in my inbox. I occasionally asked Jace questions but we had a template email for almost every situation that I was familiarizing myself with.