Chapter 12 - Foxes In The Bush

(*Insert a more creative title-*)

Meanwhile, Mosura, Quetz, and Rodan were still conversing. Night had already washed over the orange sunset sky.

"Right, I forgot to tell you," Rodan began, "I learned a lot of language from Mexico from my time there!"

"Really?" Mosura asked eagerly, "What can you say?"

"Basically anything," Quetzalcoatl answered for her, then let out a chuckle, "It's even where his weird accent came from. But I can warn you, it sounds like pure gibberish."

"Hey!" Rodan nudged the pink cat. "C'mon! Tell me!" Mosura quivered in excitement. "Fine, fine, fine," The dark-grey cat chuckled, "Hmm..."

Mosura waited, her ears pricking eagerly.

"Hola querida, qué tal te va?"

"I told you," Quetzalcoatl snapped her claws, "Gibberish."

"Hey!" Rodan laughed in a good-natured manner, "It's not gibberish. Honestly, I'm pretty sure someone hearing your name for the first time would think it's gibberish!"

"Oh, my name is gibberish?!" Quetz snapped. Mosura flinched, but a few seconds later, realized that she didn't feel the anger she expected in her, this was proven by a challenging laugh from the pink cat herself. The two new mates clamored and argued for a few minutes, but Mosura didn't feel any waves of negative emotions crashing into her.

Heh, they probably love each other too much to even be mad at one another...

"You do realize that Mexican and Peruvian language both came from the Spanish?" Rodan laughed.

"Now how the hell do you know that?!"

"I don't know, I just found out during one of my talks with Methuselah."

"Holy crap, Methuselah?! I haven't seen the old guy in forever!"

Soon, the two cats' argument smoothened and started talking about their casual lives. Mosura sighed in relief, despite not feeling actual tension between them, the golden cat herself was getting uncomfortable from the words they spat at each other. But, it was only now that she realized that something was wrong... something was missing...

Mosura turned her head to an empty spot between Rodan and Quetzalcoatl, where Anguirus and Godzilla once sat.

Hold on... where did they go?

"Quetz, Rodie?" Mosura asked, a slight hint of concern hanging from her tongue. "Where did Godzilla and Anguirus go?"

They abruptly stopped talking, taking a few seconds to process what Mosura had just said. "You're right..." Rodan looked at the empty spot beside him, "Where are they?"

"I sorta saw them leave..." Quetzalcoatl admitted, "They went down the... cliff."

"Should we go find them?" Mosura asked. Rodan shrugged, "They must've gone out to talk something out in private, best not walk in on some secret or something."

"Well, they've been 'talking' now for quite some time!" Quetzalcoatl remarked sarcastically, "It's been nearly an hour and they haven't come back!"

"Who knows," Mosura shrugged, "They probably just left a few minutes ago instead of an hour."

"But still, telling someone a single secret would only take a minute," Quetz argued, "I think it's worth checking, to be honest..."

Mosura gave up trying to reason with her and nodded in agreement, followed by Rodan. Then, they suddenly heard a rustle in a nearby bush. "What was that...?" Rodan shivered. "I'll go check," Mosura offered, standing up and heading towards the source without waiting for someone's approval. But the red cat stopped her.

"Hm?" She looked at Rodan questioningly. "Be careful," He whispered in concern, "I'm not the scariest thing in the world."

(A/N: Lol if you don't understand him, re-read chapter 7)

Understanding what Rodan was trying to say, she nodded and continued on her way. The golden cat made it to the bush and pushed the branches aside, what she saw on the other side immediately surprised her.

Three small foxes sat in a circle, chattering at one another. One was black, another was green, and the other one was golden. The green fox was different from the other two, owning a pair of translucent wings and a small flower on her head.

"I'm sorry to disturb but..." Mosura began, "...who are you?"

The three stopped and looked at her for a few seconds, then the green fox screamed, "SCATTER!"

The green fox beat her wings and flew away, while the black and golden foxes ran past either side of her. "H-hey!" Mosura called, almost tripping as they brushed past, "I'm not going to hurt you!"

She scampered out of the bush where she arrived just in time to see the foxes running down the slope, along with the yelling of Rodan and Quetz. "Were they ever here before?!" Mosura panted. Rodan looked at the ground, "No they... weren't..."

Mosura walked back to her spot and sat. "Wait... if they're here..." Rodan slowly turned his head to Quetzalcoatl, whose eyes widened too as if she realized something.

"Wait," Mosura's face lit as her head shot up, "You know who they are?"

"Kind of..." Rodan scratched his head, "But... they aren't supposed to be here!"

"W-what do you mean 'aren't supposed to be here'?" Mosura gave him a confused look. "Mossy..." Quetz looked at her, "They're called Kamacuras, and they came from a place called Monster Island!"

"Monster Island?" The golden cat looked at the two mates curiously. "Yes!" Rodan responded, "And they aren't supposed to be here! Unless..."

"No..." Quetz murmured in disbelief. "What are you guys talking about?" Mosura looked even more confused, "I don't get it!"

"Mossy, you heard from us that the foxes — I mean... the Kamacuras — came from somewhere called Monster Island, right?" Rodan tried to explain. Mosura nodded in agreement. "And that they aren't supposed to be here?" Quetzalcoatl added. Mosura nodded again, her ears pricking with interest as she listened. "So there's only one reason why they're here;" Rodan told her, "This... this must be..."

"...Monster Island." Quetzalcoatl finished. "Really?!" Mosura flattened her ears in surprise. "We can't be sure," Rodan admitted, "Unless we go and find out ourselves."

"How?" The golden cat tilted her head. Rodan lowered his head, looking at the ground, "We follow them."