Hellish Tendencies

Now that I am settled again, and the pain in my belly has subsided which I do not tell Mo Yuan about least he take away the books and force me into the birthing chamber, I quietly nestle down on the soft cushions which he has just finished plumping up before leaving me for a few minutes to fetch our lunch which he wants to share with me.  So with the next manuscript in hand, I quickly flick through the parts where he informed me of my continued Discipleship under him which he will oversee from the Peach Tree Grove when I return home with my parents who are still healing. 

 In fact, there is a small insert that mentions my fathers injuries which almost took his life.  Had it not been for the deep brotherly bond he had with Lord Di Jun, he would have died, but it is like I have mentioned before, the Kunlun Mountain brotherhood is as strong as blood ties, once the oath is made, we are sworn to protect each other through every adversity, and only betrayal can break that bond which is what happened with the Demon Overlord and so Di Jun gave up half his cultivation to save my fathers life, seeing as it was not betrayal that saw him attack the world, but insanity having thought he had lost his daughter.

I find this very hard to read, so I skip past it and straight onto something else I knew nothing about at the time and that being Mo Yuans struggle to come to terms with Fu Yu.

I do not know why the sprite was rejected by his people as a mere baby or what possessed them to leave him to the elements in our world seeing as theirs is thousands of miles deep and several layers of realms apart from ours.  but I do know it would have taken an enormous amount of effort to force him through our barriers.   So his arrival on my mountain is still a concern, because there is no knowing who or what else made it through with him.  In fact, it is inconceivable for them to dump a baby like that because those creatures have no conscience at all, they will skin a new born alive if it means gaining extra power or cultivation, they are that heinous.  

And though I am of two minds about whether I am going to allow him to stay, I do find myself getting used to him.  He is as I said a mere baby, so for the next few days, I study him most intently and it is while I am watching him play and even attempt to train with Die Feng, that I notice the Hellish tendencies rise.  He is most animated and lively when he is happy, but there are times when I catch a glimpse of his heritage, or rather the traits that belong solely to those of the lowest of realms.

His desire to rip open a belly and stomp on the innards is one such trait that I am wary of because I can see this as a major problem.  That is because he is too quick to anger, even for one so young which at times can get out of hand.  He cries like a child, he whinges like a child and demands attention like a child, but unlike Xiaobai who will sulk or throw a tantrum if she is not immediately given attention, the sprite will become aggressive, violent and a danger to everyone of the mountain should he get it into his head to attack and being from Hell, it would be in his blood to attack unseen and unheard.

This is a problem that I decide to deal with personally.  He is Xiaobais best friend and for the most part, he is actually a good boy, just overly animated and loud which can be trained.  And that has me wondering what it would be like to have a Hell sprite as a Kunlun Mountain disciple.  The advantages would be enormous, and not just for us here on the Mountain, but the entire world.  

His kind brought hell to every part of this world and those attached to us, but being one of them, means he will know their energy, he will be able to scent it well before we do, after all, they got passed my mother and father who were the most powerful beings this world had ever known.  Making the boy one of us while also nurturing his soul while giving him the right kind of attention and care, while entrenching his loyalty to this mountain, might actually save us from hell ever being able to break through our defences again.