The Long Wait - 3

It's been one week since Shifu left, though Die Feng says this isn't uncommon, because it can take days just to travel to the otherside of the world, only I know better.  I can hear what my brothers are saying when they think Im asleep, they said that Shifu was put in the infirmary because his injuries were not light. I already know about infirmaries, because Shifu made me sleep in one for a very long time, because my injuries were not light either, so I know he injured badly.

 And though Papa and Mama finished their meeting in the Celestial Heavens, they are still there too, but I don't know why and nor do my new brothers it seems because Die Feng is suggesting he go and fetch Shifu and bring him home while also making enquiries into why Papa hasn't yet come to get me.

Only Im not too sad about it because Die Feng taught me all about fate today.  As a Disciple, I get to learn about all kinds of things that Zhen Zhen hasn't taught me yet, and I learned that fate is ones soul journey which means we are all going through trials to win special things that make our souls stronger.  I already know this, because I learned not to be fearful, and so I earned a new tail, which Die Feng said added a little more cultivation to my soul which will make me stronger for when my next trial hits.

He also said that what Shifu, Mama, Papa and my brothers are going through is also a soul trial, so I shouldn't worry too much because they are far more powerful than little me, so I don't worry anymore.   He said, they will come when they come, only I think he is worrying far more than me, because now he is getting ready to go and fetch Shifu which actually makes me more happy than worried.

In fact, I am going to sleep early so I can wake up for when Shifu comes back and hopefully my Mama and Papa with him.  

"Mingzhu, I think Shifu is going to be so proud of me when he hears everything I've learned so far." I tell my doll who I imagine is smiling in agreement.  She is an agreeable doll, she always agrees with everything I say, and she does everything I say which is why she is my bestest friend right now.  More than Shanhu, who won't let me practice swords with the rest of them because he says I'll get hurt, so Im not in a good mood with him right now.  Instead I cuddle Mingzhu instead of him and he looked sad which makes me happy!

"I already know how to hold my sword properly now and Die Feng taught me extra fancy feet moves to add to what Zhen Zhen taught me and I can't wait to show Shifu." I tell her because Im just so clever, even Chang Shan said so, and he doesn't say much, but he did say that.

Now laying my head down to sleep for real, I quietly let the voices of my brothers go as they continue to talk about the mountains energy being good for Shifus recovery, which I think might be right, because my tail is now strong and long like my other one which the mountain must have helped me with, which I also cant wait to show Shifu.

___

Im awake again and this time it is quiet even though the sun is up.  Even Shanhu is awake because his bed is empty though I cant tell if he slept in it or not because he always makes his bed straight away.  Zhen Zhen said that making the bed straight away leaves one less chore to do later, so I quickly rise and fold my blanket up on the cushion where Shanhu said I should leave it.

Fu Yu too is already up, and because it is quiet in the temple today, he looks even more quiet, because hes sitting on the windowsill looking out only he looks a little sad.  Quickly grabbing Mingzhu, I make my way towards him on the tips of toes.  If I can sneak up on him, he might get such a big fright and fall out the window.  The thought is so funny that I trip over the dumb chair in my way, and the next minute Im crying again.

"Xiaobai!" Shanhus soft voice hurries through the door to quickly lift me to my feet.  "Are you alright?" he asks quickly scanning me over for blood and guts seeing as Im hollering at the top of my lungs and looking at Fu Yu who has quickly scooted to the otherside of the room to avoid Shanhu whose also glaring back at him.