Knowing that she was right, I still managed to let a pout show on my face. She only looked at me and laughed. Then she laid her head on my shoulder. 

"Stop that. He's going to be okay."

I hope so.

As the day slowly dragged on, we laid on the sand cloud gazing and pointing out different shapes. Then we searched for seashells and starfish. We only found a few, but it was enough to loft both of our spirits.

But I felt a little guilty. In my years of knowing her, I have never kept something from her. And she knew when I had something to tell, but I couldn't spit it out. My lips were permanently sealed... I think.

I don't know how long it would be until I tell everyone — my friends and family — about Michael and I. I really wanted to, too, because I felt like they had the right to know. But then again, Michael isn't an ordinary person. Michael is Michael Jackson. He's a big pop star. So it was complicated because I couldn't just tell them. I trusted them, but who's to say that they won't spread the word and have it on the news in the next second?

So I had to be careful. I had to keep quiet a little longer. Besides, Michael and I aren't dating. We aren't together. We're just figuring out how to go about this... thing we have.

Honestly it still hasn't registered in my mind that I liked Michael, and that he liked me. I've had crushes over the years but it was always one sided. I've never had the balls to face someone I liked and straight up said that I liked them.

But now with him, I did, and it felt extremely good. Like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

I don't know, maybe I've liked him all along. It just took for us to kiss for me to come to terms with it. And everything he does contributed to it.

You've always heard on the television how amazing he was with kids, and how he donates to various charities around the world, and how he travels to visit different places and different cultures, donating to them as well. But actually witnessing it in person, is amazing. Who doesn't like a selfless person? Michael is amazing and so generous. And I guess I liked that in a person. What he does to help is exactly what I would do if I'd ever had the money.

And his appearance, God. He's beautiful. Handsome. Very cute. Everything that describes a good looking man. Or maybe he's beyond that. There are no words to describe him.

It's shocking that he doesn't see it that way. And he spent all of his time, boosting me up, and helping me to see how beautiful I am. And he doesn't feel as if he is. I should — no I will — make him see what the whole world sees.

Michael is a beautiful man. Perfect.

And I like him.

"What's on your mind, Ana?" I felt Semaij's eyes on me as we sat by the shore, on logs, in front of a large fire.

I felt my cheeks warm up as I took a swig of the bottled water that was in my hand. "Nothing."

"B. S. I see it all in your face. You're thinking about your little boo, huh?"

"Nooo," and I let out a girly giggle. Cringe.

"Aweee, you're smitten! You like this boy!" Semaij exclaimed, holding my arm excitedly. "Now what is his name!? You have to tell me."

"I ...... can't."

"And why not?"

She looked at me with a confused frown. I couldn't come up with an excuse fast enough. My mind was full of static.