Making History

"It didn't go so well," Ginny reported later.

"What happened?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

"The teachers all escaped," she said.

"What?" I was in disbelief.

"McGonagall actually said something along the lines of that if she wasn't going to be used here, she would go work for the Order and leave us to our childish squabbling," Neville said.

"Let them be. This castle will be ours by the end of the school year," I assured them. I looked over to Teddy. "I have a special job for you," I told her.

"What is it?" She asked, looking up from one of her notebooks she'd conjured using the Room of Requirement.

"I want you to write down what happens every single day, for history. Every detail you can remember. We're making history here," I explained.

Teddy nodded, and there was a bit of a happy glow in her hazel eyes. "On it right away," she promised.

"Thanks, Teddy," I said. I sat against a wall and slid down it. The events of the night were starting to hit me, hard.

I killed two people.

You did what you needed to do. They would've done it to you. It's wartime.

I killed two people.

Two despicable people who would've unleashed a reign of terror onto the muggle-borns, the people you are determined to protect.

I sighed, and found a hammock I was going to call mine, and took a rest.

"They're attempting to enter the castle!" I fell out of the hammock, and grabbed my pine wand and titanium wand, in both hands. It immediately felt right. I ran out of the Room of Requirement, where some Death Eaters were attempting to enter.

I summoned some winds to blow them back, and conjured a storm at the same time, and brought down the titanium wand with a flick, and lightning struck. Death Eaters started retreating, as kids ran out of the Room of Requirement, and began casting either protective enchantments or hexes.

Hayden whistled, and creatures I'd never seen before came out of the Forbidden Forest, and began attacking the Death Eaters that were attempting to run from the fight.

"We don't take lightly to cowardice!" Hayden called with a smirk.

"I didn't know you could do that!" I cried as I fended off an attack.

"Thanks to your help, I'm finding all sorts of powers I didn't know I had!" She replied, as she directed another attack with a troll.

Some Death Eaters managed to make it past, and Disapparated. The rest were dead as the Carrows.

"We should probably bury the bodies," Korr said quickly, wiping her forehead.

"Can you see that it's done properly?" I asked.

"You're asking the necromancer- I know death magic like the back of my hand," she said with a cocky shrug.

I nodded, and gave her a thankful smile, and turned to the kids out on the bridge. "We pledge ourselves to this fight right here, right now. We will fight this war for the adults who aren't brave enough to do it in the world outside of Hogwarts. Although there may be no peace in your lives for a while, take respite in this- you are braver than most adult witches and wizards. Even those who sympathize with the Death Eaters should be honored today. You have all found the heart to fight in what you believe in, to the death if necessary. I pledge myself to you, and I will try to lead you out of this conflict as quickly and safely as possible."

Then they all knelt to me, and a feeling that I belonged swelled up. This is what I've been searching for all these years. Respect and glory.

"Thank you." I said, and I knelt to them.

We all stood together, and I looked over at Korr. "Let's start barricading the castle, shall we?"

"YEAH!" Came a chorus of shouts. I smiled, and placed my hands on my hips.

"Time to raid the greenhouses, then," I said. We began planting dangerous plants all over the outside of the castle, and when everybody was on the other side, we blew up all the exit bridges. We were organizing patrols and such, and I had a feeling that the other side was too.

Making history, I thought with some pride.