The Battle of London Bridge

Here's the requested piece of clothing," a guard said, before shutting the door and obscuring the view.

As a part of the we're-going-to-kill you thing, I was allowed to make a request as to what I wanted to wear to my death. I chose a simple white dress, that was at my mid-calves in the front, and trailed on the ground in the back, with sleeves that barely clung to my pale shoulders, and spread down my arms. It was all gauze over a layer of silk.

I also requested to be barefoot, something that would work to my advantage. They seemed like innocent enough requests, so others wouldn't suspect me. But I had a plan. Time to be the superweapon they feared.

I slipped the dress on, and they escorted me out. I was standing on an elevated platform in the atrium, and the whole school was there, from what I could see. Ministry guards surrounded the room.

"Alice Petunia Potter was convicted of treason against the Ministry. For her crimes, she will be subjected to a humane death using the Killing Curse," Fudge read aloud.

"Only because you wouldn't listen!" A voice called out, and a Ministry Guard kicked the youth who shouted out.

"To those who continue to rebel because of the advice of an insane young woman, we will punish you. Treason and rebellion will not be tolerated here in this world," Fudge continued.

I clenched my fists as I stared out at the sea of faces, most of which were full of anger and defiance.

"Fire is catching," I called out, before I felt my wand get jabbed at my neck. I think there was supposed to be some symbolism there, being betrayed by my own wand?

Amazingly, half of the school kissed the three middle fingers of their right hands, and raised them into the air. It was a salute. And although they didn't know it, my call to action. It's my turn now.

"Accio wands!" I cried out. My wand sprang into my hand, as well as all the Ministry employees' wands. I started running, and a battle had begun. The students were firing at one another. I shoved people out of my way, and snaked my way through the crowds, and the employees had already lost sight of me in the ensuing chaos.

I ran into the entrance hall, where Dumbledore and Voldemort were fighting, and Harry was lying on the ground, but I kept on, to the elevator in the phone booth. I twirled my wand nervously, and my heart was pounding with adrenaline. This was becoming all too easy.

Outside, I didn't have to run far until I saw London Bridge, as the fight spilled out onto the streets. What I saw there, though, was so much worse. Several figures in dark robes and silver masks with hoods up, except for one revealing curly black hair I'd come to dread since my trial especially.

They were in systematic positions all down the bridge, and I knew what was going down. An attack on muggles at long last.

"NO!" I cried. "Expelliarmus!" A wand came soaring to me, and all of the freaking Death Eaters stared at me. Maybe not your brightest move, Alice.

Maybe I can use both wands... I used one to conjure a strong wind to blow certain Death Eaters away, and the new one to conjure lightning. A blast missed Emrys, and he went flying from the impact.

I blocked some spells coming my way, and exchanged a few when students came running out, and most were lost in the frenzy.

I still saw Emrys going for the the middle of the bridge. I pointed both wands at him.

"Don't do it," I warned.

He still pointed at the bridge, where cars were honking, and there was a little girl watching with fascination, her sister with fear.