Long Live Evil

I was in Platform 9 and 3/4, where everyone ignored me due to the crowds. I was used to this. I was used to being ignored, even by my own parents. Even by my famous twin brother, Harry. I was never neglected or abandoned, but Harry did get a lot more attention. I always had to pull it from my parents' fingers.

This did mean, however, that I was often allowed to practice my artistic talents with no interruptions. Paint on my bedroom walls? Yeah, sure, kid. "Artistically" rip up and restitch my clothes? As long as you don't wear it to a press event.

It was a lonely, thrilling life. Yet I was free from expectations, and it was the only road that I'd ever truly known. I was more independent, more resourceful than Harry in so many ways because of it.

My black hair that matched Harry's did attract some attention, but not a lot. My bangs covered up my own lightning scar, the one that mirrored Harry's. I didn't need the John Lennon glasses, so if it weren't for my mum's eyes and my dad's hair, I wouldn't have such problems.

Dad gave a little look at my outfit, yet again. My black hair was stuffed into a dark burgundy crocheted beanie cap, and I was wearing a leather jacket the color of dried plums over my lilac tank-top, and black distressed leggings, with my bubble-gum pink high-tops that had sharpie doodles all over them. My artistic style drove attention that could've been on Harry to me.

"We'll be taking the train with you," Mum said. "It'll be so fun!"

I rolled my eyes when they couldn't see. They'd taken posts at Hogwarts since we'd started attending so that little Harry could be protected from Jr. Death Eaters. All for him, all for him, I couldn't help but think.

"I'll see you there." Harry said, with a cheerful smile. He then helped Dad with his trunk, and took it into the compartment, where the Happy Family would be sitting. Well, all of them, except for me.

"We'd better get on the train." Mum said finally, checking her watch. Indeed, some guards began blowing last-call whistles. I just stood there, for a minute, wondering if they would just acknowledge me.

"Come on, we've got to go, Alice." Dad sounded annoyed. I wanted to push them, just for a second. "Come on."

I finally leapt onto the car, and followed them into their compartment, or at least, to the doorway of it.

"Aren't you going to sit down?" Harry asked politely. I hate how you always act so nice, like you don't know the discrimination. I resent you for that.

"I think I'm going to go explore compartments." I said.

"Sit down, the cameras are going." Mum mounted to me.

"Fine." I reluctantly joined them, arms folded across my chest.

"Act friendly." Dad said, through a toothy grin as he looked out to the hordes of fans and reporters taking pictures of the Happy Potters, off to Hogwarts once again.

As soon as they were gone, I folded my arms over my chest, and crossed my legs, showing off the sketches on my trainers, and I slammed my head back against the seat. It was fourth year, and I was tired of the charade. We're not happy and close. Why should we act like we are?

"Can I go, now?" I asked.

"Not until we've talked, Alice." Mum said. I groaned, and rolled my eyes. "Don't you roll your eyes at me, young lady."

I merely raised an arched eyebrow.

"Young lady, there's rumors going around since the Quidditch World Cup." Dad said. "The ex-Death Eaters may become more active again."