Second Semester

Christmas came and went at Auntie Tonks's and Uncle Remus's place. We watched It's a Wonderful Life, and just had good plain old fun. It was great, and I felt that maybe I could heal eventually.

I remember my anger when I saw Luna Lovegood deliver a note to Harry from Dumbledore.

"What's this?" I snatched it up, to see something about a lesson before Harry took it back. "You're still his little favorite, getting lessons, because of that damn prophecy, isn't that right?"

"Well, I'm the Chosen One!" Harry replied.

"Well, I choose to be the one to kill Voldemort," I snarled.

"It's supposed to a boy!" He protested.

"I don't give a damn about traditional gender roles!" I shouted at him.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Alice?" He demanded. "You're always so preoccupied in angst and being treated the same as me, that you've done a crap job of running your rebellion!"

"What are you talking about?" I demanded. "They all held their own against Death Eaters at the Battle of London Bridge!"

"Yeah, but not for long, if you have Emrys stocking up on secrets," Harry sneered.

"That's what this is about?" I snarled. "I trust Ky."

"I think you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement," he said with a slight smirk.

"Excuse me?" I dropped my books in anger.

"Please," Harry said, rolling his eyes. "Admit it. You've got feelings for Emrys."

"Fine," I grunted. "I have feelings for Ky Emrys, happy?"

"Very much," a voice said behind me. Damn it, Harry! Nonononono. I was not turning around for anything, but got on my knees and started gathering up my books when Ky handed some to me.

What did I do to deserve that? Come on, I really don't need this.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"So you have feelings for me," he said, standing up in front of me.

Will not. Freaking. Blush. I'm gonna kill something. Probably Harry.

"Shut up," I groaned, and I started to move. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a murder to complete."

He froze, and I mentally facepalmed. Great word choice, Alice.

"Sorry," I said turning around. "Bad word choice. I'm more than a little bit ticked, so, yeah-"

"Did you mean it?" He asked. "When you said that you had feelings for me, did you really mean it or were you just trying to get your brother off of your back?"

"I-I-" I sighed, seeing the hurt, the look in his eyes that was haunting. It stayed with you. "Yes, I really meant it."

"Why are you so shy about it?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Think, with that Ravenclaw brain of yours," I snapped. "We are in a war, and do you think I'd be stupid to put my heart on the line again?"

"The heart doesn't care about rationality," he said sadly.

"Well, I'm trying to control it as best as I can, unless you've forgotten what happened the last time," I said. "Besides, even if I fall for someone else, I'll still be in love with Wesley. He was the love of my life, and I'll never love someone the exact same way I loved him. I don't want to do that to someone."

"You're growing up," he said sadly. "You always have some piece of wisdom between words like flaming daggers."

"With hurt comes wisdom," I realized. "And this is what hurts the most." With that, I walked away.

"Look, Katie Bell's come back," Ellie pointed out. Harry was talking to her, when Draco walked in and froze, looking at Katie. Harry started running after Draco.

"Be right back, I've got to go take care of a stalker," I told Ellie, and I ran after Harry and Draco.

I ran past Harry, and after Draco into the boys' bathroom. I honestly didn't care, it wasn't like anyone exactly going to either.

"Draco, we need to talk," I said loudly. He turned, frightened, guilty, the look I saw all the time on Ky's face. "You haven't been yourself all year. Talk to me! I want to help you."

"You can't help me," he said. "He'll kill me if I don't do it."

"You're in too deep!" I realized. "Draco, just tell me what's going on! Do not push me away, not now! I'm here for you!"

"I know what you did to Katie Bell!" Harry called out. Draco looked at me with anger.

"You brought your brother here to attack me," he snarled, and he fired a curse at Harry, who ducked.

"No," I snarled, whipping out my wand. We exchanged silent curses for a few minutes, until Harry shouted out:

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" Draco fell to the floor, and there was blood streaming from his chest. I took off my robes, and started pressing them to his chest, trying to stop the bleeding if at all possible.

Draco was crying, and moaning in pain. Snape ran into the bathroom, exchanged a few glances with Harry, who ran out, and quickly began healing Draco. I followed the two into the hospital wing, and waited for him to wake up. When Madam Pomfrey was in her office, I slipped up Draco's left sleeve, and turned his forearm, and saw the Dark Mark.

"A-Alice, he moaned, and I quickly slid the sleeve down, but not fast enough. "You saw-"

"So what if I saw it?" I demanded. "I want to help you, Draco. I don't care if you've got a freaking Dark Mark or not. Let me help you."

Hs weakly shook his head.

Then there came the end of the semester.