Chapter 17

John POV

A few hours later Alex started stirring awake. His heart rate and breathing sped up. A few nurse came in to check on him, but other than the obvious he seemed fine.

"Hey Alex," Eliza whispers. Alex slowly turns to look at us. I try my best to smile but I think they can both tell its pretty much fake. Don't get me wrong I'm glad hes okay but its hard to smile after the past month.

"Hey," Alex mumbles. Eliza and I pull him into a hug, which he returns. I can tell all three of us are crying.

"Are you okay Alex?" I ask.

"I am now," he mutters without letting us go.

I get up on the bed and slowly pull Alex over me. Eliza gets up on the side and rests her head on Alexs chest and I pull them both into a hug.

We all fall asleep like that.

==A Few Weeks Later==

The doctor said Alex, who has made quite the recovery, can go home today.

Of course the three of us were extremely excited. Alex eventually told us what happened and I was about ready to kill his father.

We got to the car and Alex sat in the back with Eliza who leaned her head on his shoulder. He held her close while I smiled and started the car.

By the time we got back to the dorms Alex fell asleep. The doctors said this would be normal for a while. I picked him out of the car and carried him bridal-style to the dorm.

I set him down in our bed and walked into the living area with Eliza.

"Do you think hes going to be okay?" Eliza asks.

"I think he will be eventually. It might take a bit before he is completely though," I respond in a whisper, careful to make sure I don't wake him up.

A few hours later, Eliza and I decide to call it a night and walk into our bedroom, where Alex is still asleep.

Eliza gets in the bed by Alex and I follow soon after.

Its nice to have us all together again.

Alex POV

The next morning I wake up to the smell of waffles coming from the kitchen. My eyes widen as I make my way out of the bedroom.

"Good morning Alex," John says as he walks over from the kitchen island and hugs me. Eliza is making breakfast.

"Morning," I mumble as I follow him back to the kitchen island.

Eliza smiles as she places three plates of waffles on the table and sits down. She leans her head on my shoulder again while we eat in silence.

After we finish eating we clean our plates and get dressed. When we walk back out our friends are waiting in the living room.

"You missed breakfast," I laugh.

Peggys eyes widen and she runs up to me and pulls me into a hug. I got the closest with Peggy, apart from Eliza and John obviously, out of everyone. Its hard not to. Shes such a cheerful person all the time and makes everyone feel the same.

"Hey Peggy," I smile.

"Your home!" Is all she can respond.

I laugh and soon everyone else is in the hug.

I'm glad I'm back. I missed them all so much.