12

4 months have passed and it was now May.

I've been planning for Jacks surprising party for weeks now and everything is finally ready for tomorrow.

Jack and I have been getting more and more distant. I guess that's a good thing though. It makes things easier when I have to leave the day after his party.

And no I've decided not to tell him. What's the point? By the way our friendship has been going, we'll stop talking completely once I'm in Paris anyway.

I finish packing the last of my things when I get a text from Jack.

"Are you ready? I'm about 5 minutes away."

"Stop texting and driving but yes I am."

I asked Jack if he wanted to hang out today seeing as it would be our last time. Well yeah we have the party tomorrow but I'm pretty sure he'll be too drunk to remember anything. And the day after the party is when I leave to France. Of course Gilinsky doesn't know any of this.

I hear the door open and I head out my room.

"Will you ever knock?" I tease while grabbing my bag.

"Will you ever stop being so damn annoying?" Jack says seriously and rolls his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I mumble and lock the front door. I walk to his car and get into the passenger seat.

Jack soon follows and slams the car door.

"Well aren't you going to say sorry?"

"Excuse me?" I say surprised.

"You heard me Elena."

"Why the fuck am I supposed to apologize? YOU'RE the one that called ME annoying!"

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes and starts the car.

"This is stupid. Have fun being by yourself." I say and get out the car. I walk to my dorm and take the keys out of my bag. I was about to open the door when I feel someone take the keys from my hands.

"Look I'm sorry I'm just a bit on edge okay?"

"Oh and that gives you the right to act like a fucking asshole?"

"Goddammit Elena I'm trying to apologize and you're making this difficult." He shouts.

"You make everything difficult." He says just above a whisper. I don't think I was supposed to hear that last part so I just ignore it.

"Okay I'm sorry." I say and put on a fake smile.

"Let's go have a kick ass day yeah?" Jack says and puts his arm around me.

We went to the movie theatre but after the first half an hour we decided it was boring and we should go get some food.

We arrive to some burger place because Jack said and I quote, "you're not that special Collins." But I don't mind. I've never been too fond of going to fancy restaurants.

We walk in and take a seat by the back in a booth.

"Hello my name is Mandy and I'll be your waitress today." She says not even bothering to take her eyes off Jack.

"What do you recommend?" Jack says. She whispers something in his ear and he laughs.

"Thanks but no thanks I meant real food."

"If you want, there's this place downtown that serves the best kittens." (A/n HAHAHAHA IM CRINGING SORRY)

"I said no, I'm here with someone." He says while looking at the menu.

"Blondes do it better babe." She takes our orders and levels but not before winking at Jack.

"What did she whisper in your ear?" I say a bit too quickly.

"Oh nothing she just- wait why are you jealous?" he's says with a smirk.

"What? No! Why would I be?" He laughs before getting close to my face.

"Because I'm Jack Gilinsky." I can feel his breath on my skin which sends shivers down my spine.

"Elena?"

"Yeah?"

"Is there something you want to tell me?" He says getting closer to my face.

I hesitate for a moment before nodding.

"Kiss me."

-
I'm aware I am the most terrible human being for not updating in nearly 2 weeks. Im really sorry it's just it has been really hard to update and keep up good grades at the same time. I will try to update once a week if I can!

BTW THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1k READS 💖

QOTD: do you feel this story is going too fast? Let me know in the comments!
- vanessa