6

Before I knew it Friday and I still have not opened my letter.

I decided I would do it once I come home from the date.

Speaking of the date David's late. He said he would get here at 8:30 and it's already 8:45.

At first I don't think much of it. Maybe there's bad traffic or something. However, an hour passes and he's still not here.

Another hour passes by.

And another.

By the time it's 12 am I realize he's not going to show up.

To say I felt upset would be an understatement. I felt like absolute shit.

What did I do wrong? Was I too straightforward? Was I rude in any way? Did he regret asking me out? Did he realize I'm just plain old Elena Collins and that's there's many other pretty girl out there?

Before I could stop myself, my eyes began to get filled with tears and slowly began to fall down my cheeks.

I crawled into my bed that night with with eyes red and puffy wondering what I did wrong.

.
.
.
4 am arrives and I am awoken by the sound of someone knocking on my door.

Confused and tired I walk towards my door and am surprised to see who meet me on the other side.

"What are you going here Jack."

"Well nice to see you too Elena." he says and I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Anyways I just wanted to come by and talk to you."

"I don't think this is a good time to talk."

"Why."

"You're drunk."

"Oh Elena I'm not a light weight like you." he says and heads to the couch.

"Well I don't know why you came here, Jessa isn't home." I explain to him.

"I didn't come here for Jessa."

"Then why did you?" I question.

"I just told you! I wanted to talk to you." He says raising his voice a little.

We stay there in silence before Jack speaks up again.

"Anyways how was your date?" He asks.

You know how sometimes you can actually feel the tears being stuck in your throat and you feel like you can't breathe?

Yeah that's how I felt in this moment.

"It was fine. Anyways I don't want you driving home in this state so just stay on the coach goodnight." I say quickly and begin to walk to my room.

"Elena wait." However I don't because I know the moment I turn around I'm going to begin to cry again.

I thought Jack was going to let it go but then I felt him grab my wrist and spin me around.

The tears were in my eyes but I hoped since it was dark he couldn't tell.

"Elena what happened?" He whispers into my ear and that's when I lost it.

I fall to the ground and cry. I feel arms lifting me up and soon I'm siting on Jacks lap.

He rocks me back and fourth while I'm practically soaking his shirt but honestly, I don't think he minded.

"Can you please tell me what's wrong love?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because it's embarrassing."

"Stop being stubborn Elena I'm only trying to help you." Jack says raising his voice.

"Fine you want to know what happened? He stood me up Jack. He never showed up today!" I say angrily.

He quiet before a moment before speaking.

"Why were you so hesitate to tell me? It's alright, I wasn't going to be a dick about it." He replies with a tone sounding hurt.

"Don't you understand why it's so embarrassing?"

"No it's never really happened to me." Well that made me feel worse.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that."

"No I'm glad you did because you just demonstrated why."

"I still don't understand."

"Don't you get it Jack? It's embarrassing because you're Jack Gilinsky the guy who can get any girl. Any girl would be swooning if you even just looked at them. And then there's me. Elena Collins the girl who is basically invisible to all males and the one time... the one time someone shows any interest in me it ends up like this. Me being a pathetic loser and crying. So that's why it's fucking embarrassing okay! You can get any girl or better yet anyone you want to and you don't even have to try."

After my rant I begin to feel sleepy and Jack starts to rock me back and forth again.

I feel lips touch my forehead and hands stroking my hair.

I hear Jack say something although I was probably just dreaming.

"Not every girl Elena, not every girl."

-
I'm proud of this chapter not even ganna lie.
- vanessa 😄