17 :Wolf In Sheep's Clothing:

Nick pov:

"Thanks man".

I bid goodbye to Max and left to pick up Rose using his car. A pretty beat up old beetle but, this was my only option. He lend it to me without much persuasion, considering it's condition. I did give him my word on the safety of his car but, sadly I won't be able to keep it.

Although the exterior of the car seemed to be deteriorating, it was actually pretty comfortable to drive around, like the saying "old is gold". My thoughts brought a wide smile to my face, which immediately drooped.

I got a glimpse of my face at the rear view mirror but instantly looked away, the monster that looked back scared me.
It's funny actually, I always wanted to be a hero, a hero that saved other's but, instead I ended up being the villain.
A villain who mercillesily tortured his prey. This is not who I am, but for the time being in forced, forced to be this guy. It's hard, it hurts  but the pain is worth it.

Madeline, hang on a bit more longer. Your big brother is on his way. I'll do anything to keep you and mom safe
Even if it requires me to commit a crime.

I slowly drove to a deserted area, with just a few dogs and and weeds randomly growing out. Perhaps it was because the place completely out of inhabitants, but it was just mystical. I don't know any other way to explain it. I got distracted for a few min, I've
got no time.

From my duffel bag that I kept behind my seat, I pulled out a new number plate, the smell of its freshly painted digits tingling my nose. I replaced the old one with the new one and it gave the whole car a new life to it.

I took my phone and put in a brand new SIM, that I had bought a few days ago. I quickly dismantled my phone and put in the small micro ship in, but before throwing the old one out, i dialled that witch one last time, to assure her everything was going according to plan.

With a heavy heart I drove to our meeting place, the park. The place where it all began and will end forever.
It was not a weekend and almost noon so, there were not much children there. I sat down in one of the swings.

The swing dipping due to my weight. I held the rusted chains and slowly started swinging. This place always brought back peaceful yet sad memories of when i was a child.

This is where I first met her, Leslie Hatcher. Those days still fill my heart with happiness and a strange warmth.

She and her lil sister always used to play in the sea-saw here. My mother used to work near here so, this park was a common waiting area for me. She always looked so happy and lost in whatever she was doing.

Constantly in some other universe, it was really amusing to watch her. I always wanted to talk to her but, I was a pretty shy kid back then so I always stood back and watched. Seeing her smile always automatically made me smile almost instantly.

Like most kids my innocence and the child within me faded almost instantly after hitting puberty. Guess i was a lucky one, I got pretty famous with the girls and became well kinda popular.
But, my eyes always searched for her, Leslie, her smile just lured me to her. I finally maned up enough courage and asked her out.

She seemed pretty excited, I waited for her all day but, she never came. It's later that day that I heard her about her sisters death and after that she completely disappeared.

Like a fire that burned out and left just ashes, my love for her was crushed. Her smile remained a mere memory. I tried to find her but, I couldn't get much information on her whereabouts.

Slight footsteps that seemed to steadily move on my direction quickly woke me up from my reverie.

It was Rose, time to work out the plan I thought. I closed my eyes, I had to for Madeline, for my mom. I got up from the swing and gave her a big smile, she seemed a bit confused but then returned the same smile back, the dark circles beneath her eye quite visible.

We both walked towards the car and entered quickly. Rose was in a hurry to leave and so was I, i just wanted all this to be over with. She wanted to find Amy as quickly as possible.

Sadly she didn't knew that Amy nor her would never come back. Let the games begin.

~I'm preying on you tonight, hunt you down eat you alive
Like an animal~

Marron 5 ( animals )