9:PRIDE:

We swiftly walked down the stairs, lunch would end in a few min so we needed to hurry. Since most of the students were In the cafeteria, the hallways were stranded with just a few people here and there. The route was clear there but inorder to get out of college we first needed to pass through the principal's office .
That was a tough task considering how he's pretty strict,it would be the end for both us if he finds out we were trying to bunk classes.

I looked back at Caroline behind me, she was egging me to take a look at the principal through his glass door.
I finally complied and looked through the glass door to see him doing some serious paperwork, it didn't seem like he would get easily disturbed so, me and Caroline carefully tip toed our way out of there and finally we were out.
It was fairly easy for me to sneak out of college cause I was basically an outcast but I was fairly suprised when Caroline managed to leave unnoticed too.

I thought she was a part of the popular clique or something but no one gave her even a mere glance. Maybe she was just like me I thought, no that's not possible.
Once we were out of college I just followed her for a few min and finally plucked up enough courage to ask her,
*"So where exactly are we going?".
She looked back at me and after thinking for a short while replied,
*"I don't know".

I just stood there and looked at her face properly for the first time and it was quite distracting from the problem at hand.
I slowly (trying hard to calm my nerves ) told her,
*" You don't know where we're going so, exactly why did you want to skip class again".
She just nonchalantly replied,
* " Well mainly I was bored and I didn't want to stay there any longer it felt too stuffy so".

I didn't know how to react, should I be angry with her but I'm the stupid one here.
I literally just skipped school to be with some stranger ( ouch that hurts I wish we could be close ) but, I can't be happy with her too she should have thought of some kind of plan before taking another person with her to skip school, wait that doesn't feel right, or perhaps I should---

My thought process suddenly got disturbed when I heard sounds of drums,trumpets and people screaming, they were slowly getting closer to us.

It seemed like a parade and they were holding rainbow coloured flags. Oh ! That's when it clicked, the pride parade was to happen today. I didn't knew they would pass by our college.

I've never actually seen a real parade before and that too a pride parade. Next to me Caroline was really surprised and awed too her face looked like that of an angel, her lips slightly puckered.
While she justs looked on taking in the sight of the parade with those beautiful eyes I just stood there staring at the beautiful sight infront me.

That's when she said " let's join ". Once again disturbing my thoughts, I got flustered for a second damn I should keep my thoughts controlled. Out of the blue she took her hand in mine and guided us through the parade.

It was real deal there. There were people of all colour, race and they were all there for love, most of them were dressed in rainbow coloured clothings.
There were many guys in drag ( they looked amazing ) and girls and guys holding each other ( must be couples ). I hoped maybe one day, me and Caroline could be that way too. Ahh ! No that's not possible come on rose get yourself together.

Caroline held my hand throughout the parade we had a lot of fun. There were many stalls as we went further with the parade. We bought many rainbow coloured flags and a tshirt that said love is love. By the time the parade was over it was almost pitch black.

The parade was to end with fireworks. This would be the first fireworks I would see after that incident. Caroline was next to me, she really enjoyed everything today she looked so happy the whole time, laughing and dancing to the tunes, I like being next to her. She held my hand just when the fireworks began. we looked at the fireworks together enjoying every moment.

"Today was really fun", I told her.
I turned to look at her and her lips, they were on mine. Her lips were soft and tasted like coco butter, time just stood still for me. Her eyes were closed, mine were wide open from the sweet suprise.

And Just like that we were kissing ,she moved back and I opened my mouth to say something but she put her finger to my lips and stopped me. " I had a great time with you " she whispered in my ear and left. She walked away, her lips in a wide smile.
" see you tomorrow rose", she said aloud. Even after she disappeared down the lane I couldn't stop my heart it was thumping so damn loud
my first kiss ............