48. Cheering Up an Elf

Start from the beginning

His eyes were still misty when he returned her gaze. "I would love that too." He pulled her in for a hard kiss.

She felt his longing, his need for her, and her body became aflame with the same emotions. The kiss grew intense and hungry. Their bare legs touched and intertwined, skin against skin.

When lying down, their height difference was no hindrance and Wynne pressed herself against his hardness. The sensation was unlike anything she had experienced before. She was on fire and wished there were no clothes at all between them.

As she had done once before, she slid her hand under his shirt. Her fingers trailed his silky chest, exploring the unfamiliar landscape.

Legolas hesitated to follow her example and she remembered her reaction that time. Taking his hand, she guided it to a breast. "Touch me."

He obeyed and this time she was prepared. This time she didn't flinch when he cupped it. Instead his touch increased her need for him, and when his thumb softly rubbed her nipple she almost stopped breathing. All she could think of was how good it felt, and how her body responded.

"You are so beautiful." His voice was husky. "No matter how bad I feel, just being near you makes it better."

"Then you must understand this has to be. It's not a stupid dream." She kissed his forehead. "And you're no more selfish than I, who would force you to watch me grow old and die while I have a young husband all that time."

He rubbed away another tear. "Losing someone is hard," he admitted. "But I know it would be worth it. Even a short time of happiness is better than an eternity alone."

They kissed again, a slow kiss full of feelings.

Then she remembered the reason she had come tonight and her intention to cheer him up. "What has been on your mind lately?" She pulled back so she could meet his eyes. "You have been quiet ever since Rauros."

He looked away. "Many things. War... death... the sea. I don't really want to talk about it."

"Perhaps you should, though. I find it often helps... You know, like I have done about the orc kidnapping and when I told you how I evaded the lake monster. You always comforted me afterwards. And now I want to comfort you." Her chest swelled with sympathy. "I don't want you to be sad."

He frowned. "I told you I don't want your pity. Or anyone's."

"You sound like it's a bad thing. Whether I feel pity or sympathy or whatever it won't matter because I love you. Like in the orc cave when you were sick. It only made me love you more to see that you were real, and could hurt, and could be afraid – just like me." She paused to draw a breath, suddenly overcome by emotion.

He looked surprised at her outburst. "You are strange," he said again, but he made it sound like a compliment somehow.

"No. I just want to share your burdens – and you to share mine." She pulled his face closer, boring her eyes into his. "It's because I care about you, you dumb elf."

He snorted.

"I know you're hurting and missing your friend who died and that's alright." She kissed his cheek and then his lips. "I know horrible things must have happened to you during the quest that time. I still think talking about them would make you feel better."

"Hm." She could see emotions flicker across his features as he pondered this. Then he gave her a resigned smile. "Alright then. It is just that the past days I have relived some rather horrible memories... of the war. Memories I had hoped were safely buried." He rolled onto his back, looking at the ceiling as he spoke. "At first, after Sauron's defeat, I had decided to travel to the sea. I had seen seagulls and they reminded me that we elves have another option than dying; we can sail to Aman, the Undying Lands, and I had made up my mind to do so soon. I figured I could find healing there, and a way to forget."