Chapter 46: Nightshades

| (Y/N) POV |

I walked out. I nodded at Wen Qing and Wen Ning. I walked in front with Wen Ning and Wen Qing walking behind me. The other Wen Clan members followed after Wen Ning and Wen Qing.

We arrived at Carp Tower. The Wen Clan members stayed behind while Wen Qing, Wen Ning, and I walked up. "The last remnants of the Wen Clan killed my son and the disciples of the Lan Clan. They deserve capital punishment." Clan Leader Jin said. "Today, the Jin Clan of Lanling, shall grind your bones into dust."

| Wei Wuxian POV |

I woke up from my sleep. I struggled to get up. I then pushed myself awake and broke the spell. I looked to the side to see Wen (Y/N) sword and flute. "No." I uttered. I pocketed the silk bag from my hands and took my own flute. I tried scooting myself out of bed. I stumbled out and started awkwardly running to Carp Tower. I started feeling dizzy as I looked around.

I sneaked into Carp Tower by nightfall. I listened to the Jin disciples. "I didn't expect the rest of the Wen Clan to come to Carp Tower to ask for punishment. There's no way Clan Leader Jin would go easy on them." "Right afterall, his son, Young Master Jin, was killed by them. If I were him, I would have also killed them to vent out anger. It is really a tragedy." I sneaked closer to see Yanli in all white.

Madam Jin then saw me. "Who's there?" I quickly hid behind the beam. "Who's there?" The Jin disciples and Yanli looked back. I then ran out of my hiding place.

"A-Xian." I heard Yanli call. I stopped running and turned to her.

"Wei Wuxian." Madam Jin cried. "Wei Wuxian. Someone help! Wei Wuxian sneaked into Carp Tower!"

I looked at her and tears threatened to spill. I then heard the Jin disciples coming and ran away. I ran out into the forest and fell. Tears ran down my cheeks. I then saw Wen (Y/N). She called my name. "(Y/N)." I said as I tried to reach out to her but she faded away.

She then appeared on my other side. "Wei Wuxian. Let's go play with Yuan, okay?" She held out her hand to me.

I nodded. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. I tried to take her hand but she faded again.

Voices then echoed in my head. "Wei Wuxian, you are losing control."

"Get lost!" I yelled.

"Let us out. Let us help you." "Wei Wuxian."

I kept yelling, "Get Lost!"

"You can only rely on..." I felt myself slowly drowning into the resentful energy.

| 3rd Person POV |

"Clan Leader Jin said the four clans will hold a mobilization meeting at Nightless City. He will show the Wen Clan's corpses for three days and scatter the cremains of the bandit chieftains for demonstration of justice. I also heard there's going to be a special showcase."

Wei Wuxian silently stood behind all the cultivators at the gate as they talked.

"The Ghost General was so brutal. He claimed to ask for punishment, but suddenly went crazy and killed many people in Carp Town again."

"Luckily, I wasn't there that day."

"He was indeed the dog trained by Wei Wuxian."

"Why did Wei Wuxian make something he can't control? He didn't even think of chaining it."

"The Jin Clan of Lanling is really unfortunate."

"The Lan Clan of Gusu is more unfortunate."

"At least we're finally burned the Ghost General."