Chapter 18: Purple Hyacinth

| Y/N POV |

Come on. Go faster. I slowed down my horse as I reached the dock. I then looked back at the boat floating away. Jiang Cheng was squirming around screaming, while Wei Wuxian looked at me with pleading eyes. I turned back and ran towards the mansion. I watched as the fight already erupted. I scanned the area for Madam Yu and then saw her fighting several soldiers at once. I jumped down to her as I unsheathed Xingluo.

"Go now! Get her! Tear her to pieces! Beat her to death!" I heard Wang Lingjiao shout.

As a soldier was about to attack Madam Yu, I knocked off his blade and slit his neck. A soft glowing white star was then engraved on him as he died. I continued to fight off the soldiers as my hanfu continued to get splattered with the blood of my own clan.

"Wen (Y/N)! What are you doing betraying the Wen Clan and fighting with the Jiang Clan? You're committing a crime!" Wang Lingjiao shouted.

"So what? As if I ever cared for the Wen Clan." I said and continued fighting the soldiers. "How many soldiers are you going to waste going against me?!" The endless mass of soldiers kept coming as I tried to fight them off. Soon enough, Madam Yu and I were back to back panting from all the cuts we received. "Madam Yu."

"Shut up." She scolded at me. "You're the one who kept getting Wei Ying out of trouble every time he angered Wen Chao. Wen Chao probably had enough and went to destroy the Lotus Pier to take revenge on Wei Ying and you."

"You're right, Madam Yu, but I need you to survive. I don't want to kill you, so I need you to hold them off for a bit, so I can set up a healing shield for us to heal for a bit."

She scoffed as she fought off the soldiers while I cut my fingers to create a talisman. Just then, Jiang Fengmian came and charged into where Yu Ziyuan and I were. I finished the talisman as Jiang Fengmian entered the area. A wave was sent through as the Wen Clan soldiers were knocked back except for Wen Zhuliu who looked at me. A faint red shield was formed around us. I quickly kneeled and put my hands over each other. "Jiang Fengmian, Yu Ziyuan, I am sorry." I paused and slightly looked up at them before looking down again. "I didn't mean to cause this for your clan. I only wanted to protect Wei Wuxian, but the more I did it, the more the Wen Clan got angry. I haven't been casted out yet, but I hope you can forgive me for causing this upon your clan, because... because I, I never wanted this to happen. I wouldn't want anything to happen to what Wei Wuxian has left...He, he promised to take me to Lotus Pier one day, I didn't want to see it like this..." I heard my shield started cracking as the soldiers banged on it. "I just want to say, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... fall in love with Wei Wuxian." Before they could say anything, my shield then cracked open.

We all quickly stood up as the soldiers attacked. All the Jiang Clan disciples were cold on the floor. I had to protect these two. As the Wen Clan soldiers outnumbered us, Wen Zhuliu charged forward. I turned around to the sound of a sword piercing through flesh. Wen Zhuliu stabbed Jiang Fengmian. I watched in horror as Wen Zhuliu pulled the sword out of Jiang Fengmian's body. He then raised his sword one last time, before another soldier pierced him and pulled his sword out. I quickly ran to him before he hit the floor. "Fengmian!" Madam Yu screamed. I gently laid him down and started concentrating on a spell to close his wounds or help delay his death, but couldn't. God damn it. Come on. I then heard Madam Yu kneel to the floor. She started laughing as tears fell from her eyes like raindrops. She then raised her dagger and stabbed herself. She pulled her dagger out and fell to the floor. She spat blood out as she crawled towards Jiang Fengmian. The soldiers surrounded us, pointing their swords. Madam Yu slipped her hand under Jiang Fengmian's hand and intertwined their fingers.

"My lady." He said one last time. "I..." before he could finish the sentence. He drifted away into his death. Madam Yu's tears fell more as she finally laid cold.