Chapter 43: Gerbera Daisy

| 3rd Person POV |

Morning rose and the Wen Clan members were at work. Wen (Y/N) still hasn't come out. Wei Wuxian was sitting on a rock looking at his flute.

Wen Qing threw a bag at him. "Aren't you the capable Yiling Patriarch who can accomplish any task. Let's see whether you can grow some lotus roots. Wei Wuxian opened the bag and found lotus seeds inside. He started planting them near the entrance of his residence. Wen (Y/N) walked out of the palace and saw Wei Wuxian dirtying himself in the mud.

"Wei Wuxian." He looked over to her. "What are you doing?" She walked closer to the garden. "What kind of seeds are those? I've never seen those."

"I'm going to prove to everyone that I can grow some lotus roots and then we will have lotus root soup." Wei Wuxian said as he continued planting the seeds.

Wen (Y/N) laughed. She crouched down. "If you talk to them and say 10 nice words to them everyday, they'll grow nicely and not wither."

"Really?"

"How else did I get my small cacao tree to grow?"

"Cacao tree?"

"Yea. What else do you think I was doing in the palace? There's no chocolate here, so I went back to Qishan. Everything in my room was still intact, so I took the cacao seeds in my drawer. Anyways, I'm going to start trying to make chocolate after I sleep. Talk to your plant everyday and say 10 nice things to it." Wei Wuxian nodded with determinations.

After a few days, he went to check on them. "Why isn't there even a sign of them?" Wei Wuxian asked himself. "As a person who grew up in Yunmeng, why can't I even grow lotus roots."

Wen Ning walked by and took a look at his lotus root garden. There was one small sprout. "Young Master!" Wen Ning called.

"Yes?"

"Look!" He pointed at the small sprout in the ground. Wei Wuxian looked over and saw the sprout. He tripped as he tried to go over to it.

Yuan then came and picked the sprout up. "What is this?" He twirled the sprout around.

Wei Wuxian stormer over. "What are you doing?!" Wei Wuxian shouted at him and took the seed from his hand.

Yuan started crying as Wen Qing passed over. Wen Qing then walked over to Yuan. "Yuan. What happened. Come here." Wen Qing then hugged Yuan.

"Wen Qing. Yuan picked the precious sprout that Young Master Wei was growing." Wen Ning said.

"Yuan is still a child. Don't be mad at him."

Wei Wuxian threw the seed aside. "I'm fine. It's destiny I see." Wei Wuxian said. He then stood up and walked away back into his cave.

"Why is Wei Wuxian so angry?" Yuan asked.

"He... he's fine. He misses his sister." Wen Qing said.

"He's missing his sister? Just like I do when I miss my sister?" Wen Qing nodded."If he misses his sister, why can't he go to see her?"

"Yuan, you are right. If he misses his sister, he should go to see her. Now how about telling Wei Wuxian that."

"Okay." He then walked out of Wen Qing's arms and to Wei Wuxian's cave. He walked and held Wei Wuxian's leg. "Wei Wuxian. I'm sorry. I made a mistake."

"You, little guy, when did you enter?" Wei Wuxian pinched Yuan's cheek.

"Wen Qing said that, if you miss your sister, you should go see her."

"She's so far. I won't go."

Yuan thought for a bit. "How about you become a bird and fly over there." He said as he flapped his arms.