Chapter 40: Cosmos

| 3rd Person POV |

Yuan played with his toys around Lan Wangji.

"Yuan, come here." Wei Wuxian finally said.

"No." Yuan said and pouted as he sat on Lan Wangji's lap. "I won't."

"Yuan, you are bothering him." Yuan continued to play around Lan Wangji.

"It's fine. Let him sit." Lan Wangji said. The waiter then came with Yuan's food. Yuan hopped off of Lan Wangji and over to Wen (Y/N).

"Wen (Y/N)." Yuan called. He reached out his spoon to her.

Wen (Y/N) ate off the spoon. "It's good." She said and then pinched his cheek.

Lan Wangji then asked, "You do know what filial piety means, right? Silence during meals." Yuan looked over to him. "Don't talk when you're eating." Yuan nodded and continued to eat.

"Lan Zhan, how'd you do that? I have to repeat myself several times before he obeys." Wei Wuxian pouted.

"Yuan just doesn't like you as much as he likes Lan Zhan and I." Wen (Y/N) joked.

"Silence during meals." Lan Wangji said.

"You didn't change a bit after all this time." Wei Wuxian said. "Why did you come to Yiling? I'm familiar with things here. Do you want me to be your guide?" Lan Wangji didn't say anything. "Lan Zhan, you're a terrible liar. You're not coming for me, are you?" Lan Wangji still didn't say anything. "Lan Zhan. I was going to ask you to come by my place, but if you want to talk about Qin, mediation, and mind tranquility, then never mind. I can control it myself. Anyways, how about you tell me what big events happened out there."

"What kind of big events?"

"Like if a new clan appeared somewhere, whether a clan expanded their residence, and which clan allied, and so on."

"A marriage."

"A marriage? With which clans?"

"The Jin Clan of Lanling and the Jiang Clan of Yunmeng." Wen (Y/N) stopped eating.

"Do you mean my sister... Lady Jiang and Jin Zixuan?" Lan Wangji slightly nodded his head. "When will it be? When's the ceremony?"

"In half a month."

"Such a big event. Jiang Cheng didn't even try to find a way to tell me. However, even if he told me, what could I do then. He officially announced that I defected from the Jiang Clan. Jin Zixuan got what he desired. I know behind my sister's back, many say she doesn't deserve Jin Zixuan. In my eyes though, it's Jin Zixuan who doesn't deserve my sister." Wei Wuxian slammed his alcohol down and Yuan put his hand on Wei Wuxian's hand to calm him down. "Jiang Cheng and I once said that we'll make our sister's wedding one that everyone praises. It would be worth mentioning for hundreds of years. None would be equal to it. I'll watch my sister get married with absolute splendor. I won't be able to watch her wedding anymore." He patted Yuan's head.

"Wei Ying." Lan Wangji started. Just then, Wei Wuxian pulled a paper talisman out of his hanfu and it started to burn.

He looked at Wen (Y/N) with worried eyes. "Something happened at Burial Mounds. Lan Zhan, we have to go." She quickly placed the money down on the table and carried Yuan. Lan Wangji took the toys, and they all started quickly heading towards Burial Mounds.

When they arrived, black smoke was flying around the sky, hurting the Wen Clan members. Wei Wuxian quickly eliminated the black smoke before anyone else could get hurt. Wen (Y/N) quickly gave Yuan to Madam and ran to Uncle Four.