Chapter 19: Rue

| (Y/N) POV |

I found myself locked in the Lotus Pier dungeon with golden rope wrapped around myself. I squirmed trying to break out of it, but I couldn't. I looked at the opposite cell to see a familiar face. It's Jiang Cheng. I looked over to him before whispering, "Jiang Cheng." No response. "Jiang Cheng." His eyes opened as he looked at me.

"Wen (Y/N). Why didn't you save my parents? They're dead now... because of you. You couldn't save them from your own Clan." Jiang Cheng cried.

I looked down. "I'm sorry. I tried my best."

"But your best wasn't enough. They're dead."

"Are the dogs going to keep yapping?" We heard as Wen Chao and a few soldiers walked down the hall to us. I saw Wang Lingjiao and smirked when I saw a scar on her face. I then glared at Wen Zhuliu. "Wen Zhuliu, open their cells." The soldiers grabbed our arms to lift us up. I was still wrapped up as they dragged me out. "Now that we have Jiang Cheng, we need to make sure he never goes against the Wen Clan again and make an example for the other clans including Wei Wuxian." Wen Chao then pulled out a whip as he gave a few lashes at Jiang Cheng.

I looked in terror as the whip made contact with Jiang Cheng. "Stop! Stop it!" I screamed. "Don't hurt him! Hurt me instead!" Tears started spilling from my eyes. Soon Jiang Cheng was limping and blood colored his hanfu.

"Wen Zhuliu." Wen Chao signaled. Wen Zhuliu nodded as he activated his ability and walked closer to Jiang Cheng.

"Don't you dare." I hissed. "Wen Zhuliu, if I knew you were going to be a complete dog to Wen Chao, I would've never brought you into the Wen Clan. I should've left you to die, if you were going to be like this. Wen Zhuliu. Put your hand down and deactivate your ability. Don't forget I was your original master."

He looked at me with the corner of his eye. "I'm sorry, Young Master."

"No. Don't take-" He then pressed his hands against Jiang Cheng's chest. Jiang Cheng screamed in pain. I watched as his golden core was sucked out and hovered above Wen Zhuliu's hand. The soldiers dropped Jiang Cheng. He fell to the ground kneeling. Wen Zhuliu then took the orb and crushed it. The rope around me was released. I walked over to Jiang Cheng lifting him.

"Wen Zhuliu. Good job. Now Jiang Cheng will never be able to lift a sword at the Wen Clan anymore." Wen Chao said as he laughed.

"What about Wen (Y/N)? Shouldn't she get punished too for betraying the Wen Clan for the Jiang Clan?" Wang Lingjiao said as she drew circles on Wen Chao's upper chest.

"Jiaojiao, I wouldn't want another scar on your pretty face or body." Wen Chao flirted. "Let's leave. There's a banquet that's about to start. Wen (Y/N) can join us in her defeat whenever."

I sat there with Jiang Cheng's body laying in my lap. The Wen soldiers started walking out. Wen Zhuliu stayed. "Get. Out." I said. He didn't budge. "I said. Get. Out. I don't want to see you." He started his way down the hall and out. I silently casted a spell to slightly heal some of Jiang Cheng's lashes. I tried feeling for his golden core as I grabbed his wrist. Just then, Zidian got out of its hiding and wrapped onto me. I watched as the snake coiled around my wrist. So is this how Yu Ziyuan shows that she approves of me. I stood up to leave to go back to Qishan.

| Wei Wuxian POV |

I quietly walked to the back entrance of Lotus Pier. There were no guards defending the entrance, so I walked towards it. The sound of footsteps then came. I hid behind the wall before taking the figure and covering their mouth, so they couldn't scream.

"Don't move or I will twist your throat off." I whispered.

The person then struggled to talk since I held his neck. "Young Master Wei, it's me."

"Stop playing tricks." I hissed.

"I'm not." I continued to choke him. "Look at my face."

I pulled him in front of me. "Wen Ning..." I let go of his neck before grabbing his collar. "Did you participate in the massacre at Lotus Pier? Tell me, did you? You are so ungrateful. I shouldn't have saved you to begin with."

"Young master. I didn't. I came here after hearing the news. I just arrived." Wen Ning said. I released my grasp from his collar. "I came here as soon as possible, but I was still too late." He then paused before looking up at me. "Young Master Wei, you're here to find Young Master Jiang."

"What are you saying? You saw Jiang Cheng?" He nodded.

"He was captured by Wen Chao."

I then held his wrist. "Jiang Cheng, is he really inside?"

"Yes."

How can I get inside? Should I use Wen Ning as a hostage? He's one of the Wen Clan afterall.

"You came here to rescue Jiang Cheng, right?" Wen Ning asked.

"Of course."

"I can help you rescue him."

"You're willing to help?"

Wen Ning nodded. "I can help take him out right now."

"Wen Ning, can you take Jiang Cheng out and the remains of Madam Yu and Clan Leader Jiang?"

"I will try my best." He then led me to a boat where he told me to hide. A few moments passed as I sat alone in the boat. I overheard two soldiers talking, before they fell unconscious. "Young Master Wei." I looked in the crack to see Wen Ning carrying Jiang Cheng. "Young Master Wei." Jiang Cheng. He then spotted me as he carried Jiang Cheng over. He laid Jiang Cheng on me.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Don't worry, I drugged them." Wen Ning said. Jiang Cheng laid unconscious.

"Don't worry, he is in a coma. But he has broken several ribs and has been whipped. Wen Chao found the Jiang Clan's whip. Young Master Jiang should have other wounds, but some of them were healed already somehow, probably by Wen (Y/N)."

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Clan Leader Jiang and Madam Yu bodies have been carried out by my men. I'll deliver them to you later. You better leave as soon as you can. Go."

"Go? Go where? Jiang Cheng is severely injured."

"If you trust me, I can take you somewhere to hide. Young Master Jiang badly needs medicine and rest. He can't stand a long journey."

"Where?" I asked.

"Yiling. Go to my sister's. She can treat him."

"Thank you, Wen Ning." He then got on the boat and paddled us towards Yanli where we picked her up to leave for Yiling.