Chapter 3: Delphinium

| Wei Wuxian POV |

Weird. I got a note from a random person. I thought I was the only one that uses those tricks with the little human. I walked in the middle of Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng. We heard talks about the Wen Clan and their arrival as we passed through the halls.

Nie Huaisang interrupted the silence between us. "Wei Wuxian, you faced Wen Chao. You are so great."

I replied, "Well no one else was going to do it and he wasn't scary. Resisting evil guys is an endless joy."

As we were conversing, I saw Lan Wangji and called him. He glanced over and then started walking another way. I ran to chase after him leaving Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng.

I finally caught up with Lan Wangji as we neared the library pavilion. "Lan Zhan..." I was ignored. "Lan Zhan" I said again. "Lan Wangji." He looked at me. "Do you want to go to the waterfall with me? Someone told me to meet them there."

Lan Wanji lowly said, "Boring." And walked to the handles of the doors to the library. I grabbed his hands and started pulling him toward the direction of the waterfall. Wangji tried to struggle out of my grip but it was hopeless. As we reach the waterfall, we see a familiar hanfu, specifically a Wen Clan's hanfu sitting on a rock.

I whispered to Wangji, "Be careful."

(Y/N) ears perked and then shouted, "Be careful of what?" She looked back to where Lan Wangji and I were. I flinched realizing that (Y/N) heard me. She then hopped down to the land and walked towards us casually. She then bowed. "I thought you were never going to come, took you long enough. Also why'd you bring Lan Zhan?"

I straightened up and spoke. "I brought him because I didn't know you were going to be here and you could've put me in danger if I came here alone."

(Y/N) looked at Wangji's annoyed face and stifled a laugh. "Very well. I just want to say nice job dealing with my brother. He was so pissed, I was about to cry tears of satisfaction. He left, so I guess I won't be able to have fun anymore."

Wangji then murmured, "Boring."

(Y/N) huffed. "Anyways, if you ever mess with my brother, Wen Chao,... let me watch." She let out a smile and looked around. She saw Wen Qing and yelled for her. "Wen Qing! Let me follow you!" And with that she left.

Lan Wangji soon left as well, leaving me alone at the waterfall pondering. Should I or should I not mess with her? Then I heard shijie voice calling for me. I stood up and ran towards it. She was standing there at the entrance of the path and smiled when she saw me.

"A-Xian, I made lotus and rib soup. Come and eat with Jiang Cheng alright?"

I gave her a nod as she led me towards our area. She scooped out a bowl for me as Jiang Cheng started eating. I broke the silence. "Shijie, are you close with any of the females in the lecture."

Yanli pondered for a bit before shaking her head. "I am not, there's not many either. It's only Wen Qing, Wen (Y/N), and a few others." I nodded.

"Don't tell me you're going to get involved with them, are you?" Jiang Cheng said.

"Aish no. I was just wondering if our shijie is lonely."

"You better not. They seem like nothing but trouble. You saw them at the opening ceremony."

I hummed. The night curfew hit as the night fell into silence with only the crickets chirping and the wind lightly brushing against the branches of trees.

~ Time Skip ~

I woke up and headed for the lecture at Cloud Recesses with the rest of the Jiang Clan. I scanned the room for the disciples of the Wen Clan. I only see Wen Qing sitting in her seat without Wen (Y/N). Did she leave to go back to Qishan? The sound of quick light steps were heard as it neared the Orchid House. I looked back to see Wen (Y/N) at the door, panting and holding the door.