Chapter 15: Gardenia

| Wei Wuxian POV |

We arrived at the cave in the mountain. Lan Wangji and I were sent to the front as we carried torches. Wen (Y/N) stood next to Wen Qing a few rows back.

We stopped at an end where on the side seems like a bottomless pit. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go down there." Wen Chao commanded.

I then reasoned, "It seems bottomless. We don't know what kind of monster is down there. How can we get down there if we don't know the situation?" Wen Chao pushed me down. Wen (Y/N) stepped forward to Wen Chao, but Wen Qing held her back.

I rolled down the hill as ropes were sent down for the other disciples to use. Lan Wangji quickly went down and lifted me up. Wen (Y/N) then followed down as she ran to me checking if I was injured. She sighed and looked up to where we went down.

"Anything unusual?" Wen Chao shouted from up top. No one spoke. "Hey! Are you all dead already? How can you be silent as the dead?" We ignored his words and then walked down the path. We stopped at a pond at the end of the cave.

"Something's wrong." Lan Wangji speculated.

I summoned a talisman to light the way at the end of the pond.

"Young Master, it's a dead end." Wen Chao's wife said.

"Impossible. Keep searching carefully." He turned back to his soldiers. "You guys, have someone hung and bleeding to lure that thing out."

"Luring that thing out means leaving us to die." Jin Zixuan spoke up.

"Do you want to try it yourself?" Wen Chao provoked.

His wife then suggested, "If I may say, how about her." She pointed to Mianmian.

Wen Chao declined. "How about another one."

"Why? You feel reluctant because she's pretty?"

"Nonsense. What am I reluctant about? It's your call." He smiled in a flirting way at his wife. I then saw Wen (Y/N) pretending to puke. The soldiers inched closer to Mianmian, but Lan Wangji stepped in front as Mianmian hid behind Jin Zixuan. "So you're going to rebel? You better tie her up right now or else none of you will return to your clan. Two disciplines front the Jin clan moved towards to get Mianmian, but Lan Wangji and Jin Zixuan stopped them. "Rebels. You rebels. Attack!" The soldiers of the Wen Clan started charging toward us.

Wen Qing stepped off to the side as the fight commenced. As the Wen Clan's soldiers fell, we took their swords. Wen (Y/N) took out her sword and started fighting the soldiers. "You dare disobey me?" Wen Chao scolded. "You shall all be executed."

I stopped and looked at him. "You're right. Those who count on their clans and do evil at will, shall all be executed."

"What did you say?"

"What does it sound like? It's part of The Quintessence of the Wen Clan. Those who count on their clans and do evil at will, shall all be executed. Not only executed, but also decapitated and reviled by people to warn future generations."

"How dare you say outrageous nonsense."

I scoffed. "How dare you say it's outrageous and it's nonsense. It was written and said by your ancestor, your great, great, great, gentry, Wen Mao." Wen Chao stayed silent as he nervously looked around. "Oh right, what's the punishment for insulting the Wen Clan's gentries? If I'm right, it's outright execution, right?" I laughed a bit. "Very well. You die now."

Wen Chao pulled his sword on me and attacked. I dodged and then pulled my sword around his neck before jumping to the rock in the middle of the pond. Wen Zhuliu then tried to strike me but he was pushed back instead with one of Wen (Y/N)'s spells. "Stop there." I said. "Don't move. Or I'll spill some of your young master's blood."