Chapter 45: Pink with White Rose

| 3rd Person POV |

"Wei Wuxian, why can't you give up your ego for once?" Jin Zixuan questioned. "Don't you know Li is-" He stopped talking. Wei Wuxian opened his eyes and saw blood seeping out of Jin Zixuan's mouth. He looked at me. "Li... she is still waiting for you to attend our child's first month." Wen Ning pulled his hand out of his stomach as he fell forward to the ground. Jin Zixun looked in horror.

"Shoot! Shoot!" Jin Zixun yelled. Wen Ning then grabbed Jin Zixun's neck and choked him to death. Wei Wuxian stood there as everything unfolded.

A disciple ran back to Carp Tower screaming, "Young Master Jin was killed by Wen Ning. Go! Report back to Clan Leader." The word was given to Carp Tower about Jin Zixuan's death.

In the Burial Mounds, Wei Wuxian was laying down on a bed, moving and sweating from the voices he kept hearing in his head. "We've been waiting for this day for too long." "You can't control it." "Wei Wuxian."

Wen (Y/N), Wen Qing, and Wen Ning stood in front of his bed knowing what they had to do. Wei Wuxian eyes opened. Wen Ning then kneeled to the ground. Wei Wuxian sat up and saw Wen Ning. He felt anger surge through him and kicked Wen Ning's chest. He fell back.

"Who did you kill?" Wei Wuxian asked. He raised his voice. "Do you know who you killed?!"

Yuan then came inside. "Xian!" He exclaimed. Wei Wuxian looked back angrily. Yuan's mood dropped along with his butterfly. He started crying. Madam ran in and picked him up to leave the cave.

Wei Wuxian looked back at Wen Ning. He walked over to Wen Ning. He forcefully grabbed Wen Ning's hanfu and lifted him up. "You can kill anyone else. Why'd you kill Jin Zixuan?!" He yelled. "Why?! You kill Jin Zixuan. What should Yanli do now? What should I do?" Wei Wuxian started regretting his decisions. All these years, why did I confine myself in the Burial Mounds. Am I crazy?

"Sorry." Wen Ning whimpered. "Sorry, it's all my fault." He shook in his place. "Sorry."

Was it all his fault? That he turned into this.

Wei Wuxian releases his grip. "Who can tell me? What on Earth can I do? What on Earth should I do? Who can tell me?" Wen Qing walked over with tears threatening to leave her eyes. She stabbed one of her needles in Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian quickly looked back. "You..."

"Sorry." She said.

Wei Wuxian started feeling weak. Wen (Y/N) held him up as he was about to fall backwards. Wen Ning assisted her. "What did you do to me?" They set Wei Wuxian back in bed. Wei Wuxian struggles to sit back up.

"When you woke up just now, we were discussing something." Wen Qing started. "We have almost reached an agreement."

"Discuss what? Cut the crap. Pull the needle out." Wei Wuxian yelled.

"We will go to Carp Tower and ask for punishment." Wen (Y/N) said.

"Ask for punishment? What kind of punishment? You're going to surrender yourself to justice?" Wen (Y/N) nodded.

"When you were unconscious, the Jin Clan of Lanling has sent people with messages."

"What? Don't tell me only when I scold you. Make it clear."

"The Jin Clan of Lanling wants your account on this matter. According to them, as long as we hand the three of us over, it will be over for the moment." Wen Qing explained. "Please lie down for another few days. The needle will lose effect in three days. I have told the others to take good care of you."

"Nonsense. I didn't ask you to do this. Pull the needle out of me immediately." He continued to struggle up. "It wasn't me who inflicted the evil spell on Jin Zixun."

"We know." Wen (Y/N) said. "But we can't prove your account because tracing down the person would take too long. Where are we going to find them? No one is going to place roadblocks for you. They're not going to be willing to wait."

"Even if you don't have it on you. They know you're the Yiling Patriarch. The master of wicked tricks. They won't believe you even if you show that you don't have it." Wen Qing added. "What's important is that the people in Qiongqi Way and Jin Zixuan were indeed killed by Wen Ning."

"But if someone has to go, it should be me. I was the one who controlled Wen Ning and turned him into a puppet. I made him kill people. The murderer is the one that should go. Not the knife." Wei Wuxian cried.

"Wei Wuxian, Wen Ning is the knife and that's what makes them scared. But he is also the knife that they use as an excuse to attack you. If we go, there will be no knife and they won't use you as an excuse anymore. The case may be closed like that." Wen (Y/N) said.

"Do you understand the consequence of going to Carp Tower?"

"Whatever the consequence is, we deserve it. Thinking about this, we should've died a long time ago." Wen Qing said. "These past few weeks have been a gift to us. I didn't tell you this before. But today, something needs to be said because I might not get another chance. Sorry and thank you." Wen Qing and Wen Ning then left the cave to Wen (Y/N) and Wei Wuxian. Wen (Y/N) placed her sword and flute next to Wei Wuxian flute.

"(Y/N), please help me up. You can't go."

Wen (Y/N) smiled. "Sorry, Wei Wuxian. I promised Lan Zhan, I would help you when he couldn't, but I guess I ended up breaking it. I guess my talisman couldn't handle all the resentful energy." She lightly laughed and wiped the tear that escaped Wei Wuxian's eye. "Wei Wuxian. Please go back to Lotus Pier. They said the Jiang Clan of Yunmeng will take you back again once they get me. You can return to Yanli and Jiang Cheng." She pulled a silk bag from her hanfu and put it in Wei Wuxian hand. "Wei Wuxian, thank you. I'll wait for you. For now, please live. Take Yuan to Lotus Pier like I promised him. I may not be able to go to Lotus Pier with you, but maybe Yuan can." Wen (Y/N) flicked Wei Wuxian forehead.

"(Y/N), please don't leave me." Wei Wuxian cried. "I love you (Y/N). I loved you since the first time we pulled a prank on Lan Wangji. I loved you. I love you..."

Wen (Y/N) kissed Wei Wuxian's lips for the last time.

"I love you too, Wei Ying." She stood up. Wei Wuxian eyes started closing. "I'll always will, Wei Wuxian."