Chapter 40: Cosmos

Start from the beginning

"Young Masters,..." He said.

"What happened?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"It's the Demon-Subdue Palace. Something happened there."

"Didn't I set a restriction there before I left? Who changed it?"

"Nobody. It was... it was.."

They then heard Wen Qing scream for her brother. They looked back and Wen (Y/N) ran to Wen Qing's voice. Wei Wuxian set Uncle Four down. He ran after Wen (Y/N) with Lan Wangji following behind.

Wen Ning was throwing the Wen Clan members to the side. As he was about to attack another member, Wen (Y/N) sent a spell which sent Wen Ning back. He screamed and then looked over to their direction. Wen (Y/N) then sent talismans towards Wen Ning. He stopped in place and started fidgeting.

"I used the Stygian Tiger Amulet to cure Wen Ning. Hoping it can help him regain his mind. It's the last step. I didn't expect that..." Wen Qing then came running to them with a few other Wen Clan members. Wei Wuxian turned to Wen Qing. "Didn't I tell everyone to not touch the talismans?"

"Nobody touched them. No one went inside the Blood Pool Cave. He suddenly went on a rampage himself and ruined both the restrictions in the Blood Pool Cave and Demon-Subdue Palace. The resentful energy in the pool all got released." Wen Qing explained.

Wen Ning broke free from the talismans. "Wen Qing get everyone here away. We'll bring him back." Wen (Y/N) reassured. Wen Qing ran away with the other Wen Clan members. As Wei Wuxian was about to set a talisman on Wen Ning, he was pushed back by the resentful energy. Wen Ning then jumped over the rocks and Wen (Y/N) ran after Wen Ning.

"The talisman wall was destroyed. No one can stop him now. We can't let him go down the hill." Wei Wuxian told Lan Wangji.

They jumped over to follow her. She then pulled out her flute and played a piece. Lan Wangji heard and took out his guqin and played along. Wen Ning stopped in his place. Wen (Y/N) stopped playing and jumped down to put talismans on Wen Ning. Wei Wuxian then did the same. Wen Ning soon had talismans restraining him. Lan Wangji stopped playing his guqin after Wen (Y/N) and Wei Wuxian stepped further back as they finished placing the talismans. Wen Ning started groaning. He soon stopped and his eyes closed. Lan Wangji jumped down to Wei Wuxian and Wen (Y/N). They all awaited for something to happen. His eyes then opened. They weren't blank white anymore.

Lan Wangji started walking forward, but Wei Wuxian held him back. "Wait a second." He told him.

Wen Ning then said under his breath, "Young Master..."

Wei Wuxian then walked to Wen Ning. "Wen Ning." Wen Qing walked up to him while Wen (Y/N) and Lan Wangji stayed back.

"Young Master Wei." Wen Ning breathed out.

Wen Qing said his name and he breathed her name out.

The members then cheered. "It's done." "Ning woke up!" "Let's go back and tell everyone Ning woke up!" Wen Qing hugged Wen Ning as she cried. The Wen Clan members came out. On the side, they crowded him while Wen (Y/N) was checking his vitals.

"How do you feel right now?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"I want to cry, but I can't." Wen Ning replied.

Wei Wuxian smiles. "You just had a nightmare. It's all right now."

"He's fine." Wen (Y/N) finally said.

"You did it." Lan Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian then stood up and walked to Lan Wangji. "Of course. I am a man of my word." He looked back to see the Wen Clan members all reunited with Wen Ning. "Lan Zhan, since you're already here, why not pay a visit." Lan Wangji nodded.

Wen (Y/N) stayed outside with Wen Qing and Wen Ning while Wei Wuxian took Lan Wangji on a tour.

They reached the Blood Pool in the Demon-Subdue Palace. Lan Wangji finally said, "Wei Ying, can you really control it?"

Wei Wuxian scoffed. "Control what? Wen Ning?" Lan Wangji slightly looked down. "Of course I can. Look he's already returned to consciousness."

"What if he lost his consciousness again?"

"I've been an expert with dealing with his rampage. He is now under the control of the Stygian Tiger Amulet. As long as I control the Stygian Tiger Amulet, nothing will happen to him."

"But what if something does happen to you to the amulet."

"It won't."

"How can you be so sure?"

"It won't and it can't."

"Do you want to keep it this way from now on?"

"Why not? This mountain here is even bigger than Cloud Recesses and the food tastes better."

"Wei Ying. You know what I mean."

"Lan Zhan, you really are something. I avoided the topic and you bring it back up again." Wei Wuxian suddenly coughed.

Lan Wangji grabbed Wei Wuxian's arm. "Your injuries." Wei Wuxian flicked Lan Wangji grasp away.

"No need. Why use spiritual energy on such a small wound? I can just sit here and it'll heal itself."

"It will heal itself? Did you forget there's two doctors here?" They heard Wen Qing's voice. She walked in with Wen (Y/N) and Wen Ning.

"Young Master Wei. Young Master Lan." Wen Ning greeted him as he carried a tray with two bowls and a small pot.

"Why are you here? Did you finish crying so soon?"

"Just watch how I'll make you cry later." Wen Qing said.

"What a joke? Just by yourself?"

"Did you forget that I'm here?" Wen (Y/N) said.

"Ay, no. I would never-" She walked over to Wei Wuxian and slapped his back. He then spat blood on the ground. He then pointed at her with a shaking finger.

"You are so cruel." He said before he lightly fell faint leaving Lan Wangji to catch him.

"Thanks." Wen (Y/N) said with a smile.

"I have crueler things." Wen Qing added and pulled three needles in front of Wei Wuxian. "Do you want to see?"

Wei Wuxian opened his eyes and looked at the needles. Wei Wuxian ran out of Lan Wangji's arm and hid behind Wen (Y/N). "Wait. Spare me, please. I wouldn't want to try that."

Wen Ning then came up to Wei Wuxian and put his head down. "Young Master Wei, I'm sorry."

Wei Wuxian turned to Wen Ning. "That's enough, you really thought you could hurt me with a punch like that." They sat Lan Wangji down and served him plain water. "What are you doing? How can you serve plain water to a guest to drink? Where is the tea?"

"I just asked and they said there's no tea." Wen Ning innocently said.

"That's so inappropriate, Wen Ning. The next time a guest comes over, we must..." Everyone looked at him. "That's right, we won't have any more guests." Wei Wuxian said as he looked down.

After serving Lan Wangji plain water, Lan Wangji decided it was time to leave. Wen (Y/N) and Wei Wuxian escorted him out to the gate with Yuan.