Chapter 17: Aconite

En başından başla

"The motto doesn't matter. Do you have to follow it just because it's the motto? Did you see the Lan Clan's principles? There's 3000 of them, if people followed every single one of them, would they even be alive? Every clan leader is different. So just don't think about it. In the future you'll be clan leader and I'll be your subordinate, just like your father and mine. So if Gusu has the Two Jades, we can be the Twin Heroes of Yunmeng." I finally concluded.

~ Time Skip ~

Our father and Yanli left the next morning to Lanling to help as the Wen Clan suddenly assassinated the Pinyang Yao Sect. Jiang Cheng and I stayed as we watched over the disciples' training. As they finished their archery at the end of the day, we ordered them to pick up the kites in the forest. Little did we know, the Wen Clan was there as well. Jiang Cheng and I walked back to the pavilion as we heard the disciples yelling.

"Young Master Wei! Bad News!" They shouted. "Sixth Young Master! He was captured."

We turned back. "By who and why?" I questioned.

"I don't know why he was captured."

"Capturing people for no reason." Jiang Cheng scowled.

"Calm down and make it clear." I said.

"We just went to fetch kites. We went for them and found a dozen people. They were all from the Wen Clan. The leader was a young woman. She held the kite with an arrow. She asked who owned the kite when she saw us." One the disciples said.

Another added, "Sixth Young Master said it was his. The woman got angry and said "how dare you!" They then seized him."

"Then what happened?" I said.

"She started yelling and said he was conspiring against them."

"Kidnapping for no reason. The Wen Clan is getting out of control." Jiang Cheng uttered.

All the disciples started agreeing. "Calm down, the Wen Lan is coming. We can't let them get the best of us." Wen (Y/N) was right. They were going to come for us. "Let me ask you, was the woman carrying no sword, looking flirtatious, has a mole on her face?"

The disciples then nodded. "Yes. That's her."

"Wang Lingjiao." Jiang Cheng confirmed. "Wang Lingjiao is such-"

Our mother then entered and shouted. "What are you all shouting about?" She then looked at me and then Jiang Cheng.

"Mother, the Wen Clan are coming." Jiang Cheng explained. "Sixth Young Master was captured."

"I already heard inside. He was captured, not killed. Look at you. So anxious and resentful, you even stomped the ground. Do you have any blood of a future clan leader?" Jiang Cheng stayed silent. "Calm down."

Then Wang Lingjiao's voice was heard. "The so-called Lotus Pier is overrated." The disciples moved away as the Wen Clan came through. "Madam Yu, long time no see." They were then led through Sword's Hall. She then sat on the throne seat.

"Why did you seize a disciple of the Jiang Clan of Yunmeng?" Our mother asked.

"Seize?" She put a disgusted look on her face. "You mean the one I just caught outside? Let's have a good talk. Where is the tea?"

One of our mother servants then said, "There will not be any, if you don't serve yourself."

"Don't the Jiang Clan servants do their work?"

"They have more important work to do," the other said.

"Madam Yu, this is not good for the Jiang Clan, servants can interrupt others in such a public situation. At the Wen Clan, they would be slapped."