Chapter Forty-One

Depuis le début

"Thank you, Harry. I have to go now but when you need me, I'll be here." Lune spoke softly and seconds later the heavy but comforting presence of the Lunar God in the dark-haired Omega's mind faded away instantly. Harry sagged into the gentle sway of Draco's shoulder blades as the shifted Lycanthrope made easy work of the distance between them and the cave. Emerald green eyes grew heavy and when they finally reached the maw of the cave, Draco leaned down to let the dark-haired Omega down. Harry slid off of his Alpha's shifted back slowly his whole body lighting up with a heated pain from last night's activities and their trek through the mountains. Before the dark-haired Omega could all but limp into the cave the silvery-blond Alpha shifted back and was quick wrap a tone arm around his Omega's waist.

"Come on, let's find somewhere for you to lay down." Draco spoke moving towards a raised-up rock landing in the back of the cave. "There?" The silvery-blond Lycanthrope asked gesturing with his free hand to the spot.

"Yeah, it'll give you a good view of everyone so you can watch them." Harry spoke feeling Draco's protectiveness through the claim mark as they moved to the rock platform big enough for ten people. Out of the corner of his eye, the dark-haired Omega saw Ron, Hermione, Luna, and Leo who carried a sleeping Calla enter the cave. Harry wanted them to get up here with them but didn't want to anger his Alpha.

"I know Omegas seek out their friends when stressed so wave them over. I have to go talk with Basil, but I'll be right back." Draco spoke helping to sit the dark-haired Omega down and press a kiss to the scar on his forehead before jogging off towards the Warrior Chief who was waving in Lycanthropes for the shelter of the cave against the Winter night. Harry used his petite hands to wiggle his fingers towards his friends and they smiled and headed over. Luna flopped down on her back next to the dark-haired Omega and the golden-haired Alpha handed her the sleeping young pup. Hermione and Ron didn't really speak, but exhaustion was clear in their gazes as the curled around each other a few feet away from Harry saving room for Draco in the dog pile of wizards and Lycanthropes. Leo laid down facing a cuddling ashen blond Omega and Calla watching them with soft amber hued eyes as Luna dozed off. Once the silvery-blond Alpha returned and cuddled up next to Harry, the dark-haired Omega passed out with his head resting on Draco's chest. There was no way he was staying awake any longer than he had to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freezing was how Harry woke up with a gasp. The dark-haired Omega threw open his emerald green hued eyes hoping the past day was all a dream but when all he saw was a dark grey cave ceiling he fought the urge to hurl up the small lunch he'd choked down while on their trek over his worrying thoughts. When Harry stole a glance to his left he smiled softly. Leo still faced the cuddling Calla and Luna but now the ashen blond Omega used the golden-haired Lycanthrope's outstretched arm as a pillow. The young sleeping pup had her tiny hands knotted into the front of Leo's hoodie desperately holding onto it for comfort even in her sleep. To his right Draco had disappeared, probably the reason why he'd gotten so cold and Ron and Hermione were fast asleep in each other's arms. The mental fogginess cleared away and that's when Harry felt the gut-wrenching sorrow pulsing angrily against his fresh claim mark. The dark-haired Omega shot up ignoring the zooming and irate pain that followed his movements. Harry was on his feet and blindly stepped around and over sleeping and or silently crying Lycanthropes. At the cave's opening Basil sat his soft blond hair seemed dull in the moonlight as he stared out at a lofty frame sitting with its legs dangling over the cliff's edge. The dark-haired Omega instantly recognized the frame as his Alpha's and before he could jog off towards him Basil stopped him.