Chapter Seven

Harry woke with a start at a baritone pitched scream.  The Omega's eyes snapped open instantly as he slung his body forward, he knew that scream.  It was Ron's.   Still visually impaired, Harry reached for his glasses while searching the dark room.

   "Ron?"  Harry called out as he put his glasses on.  The blurs of silhouettes formed into Ron and three first years in ghoulish makeup and masks.  Fake blood and wounds perfectly done really sold the prank.  Harry blinked twice before he barked laughter, it was a great sight.  Harry had forgotten all about Halloween and today was good surprise. "You're a bloody idiot," the Omega wheezed out laughing so hard it hurt. Ron sent Harry a glare before fussing at the two first years who ran off towards the hallway.

"At least I'm not a prat," Ron sneered playfully as Hermione walked into the room. The Omega had her hair pulled into two knots mimicking animal ears on her head. Black face paint turned her nose into that of an Otter and fake freckles coated her cheeks. Harry found her costume adorable and the ginger Alpha? He was choking on his own saliva and didn't seem to know how to breathe.

"Aren't you guys dressing up?" She asked coming to sit on Harry's bed. The male Omega had completely forgotten about Halloween and didn't even have a costume planned.

"What's the costume theme for our year?" Ron asked sitting on his own bed. Hopefully it was something they both could whip up quickly. Harry loved Halloween and found himself angry he'd forgotten it.

"Patronus forms!" Hermione spoke gesturing to herself. It should've been obvious, Harry could do some Stag makeup and by that he meant Hermione could. "You're lucky I'm always prepared," the girl spoke pulling out a head band with dog ears out of her satchel. Ron took them his blush still aflame on his cheeks and the tips of his ears.

"Thanks," the Alpha spoke softly. Ron held the headband close to his hip waiting to see what else the Omega had. Hermione pulled out a all black crown with two antlers jutting out from its base. Harry felt his stomach drop at the sight of it. It must've taken weeks to save up for if she'd bought it.

"No, I can't take that." Harry spoke standing up to get dressed. He wouldn't take the elegantly made crown hell it looked like it was made out black diamonds when the light caught it. Hermione groaned standing as well.

"Come on, I made it myself out Elysium." Harry didn't know what that was but it sounded expensive. How'd she even create it?

"How'd you even make it?" Ron asked slipping on the head band and reaching over to find black face paint. Hermione's frown was replaced with a smirk as she stood on her tip toes to place the crown on Harry's head. It was heavy but wasn't uncomfortable it oddly felt right to Harry.

"It's a secret," she spoke playfully sticking her tongue out at Ron. The Alpha blushed deeper. "See you look great now let's do your makeup." Hermione pulled the now dressed Harry over to his bed and sat him down. Pulling out various makeup items she saw Ron making his run for the exit. "No," she called after him and the Alpha froze. "You're getting yours done too." Harry heard Ron whine like a puppy before giving in. Reluctantly he plopped down onto the bed beside Harry. "We won the war and it's been ages since we've had a party. Let's enjoy ourselves." Neither of the boys could argue with her there. They had defeated Voldemort and saved the world of magic. Maybe they really did deserve a chance to just act like teenagers. They deserved into enjoy a holiday together without the fear of attack or losing one of their friends. They deserved today and they were going to make it worth while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry stared into the mirror of the dorm rooms and smiled. A straight pattern of small boxes and dots like a fawns mimicked freckles, eyeliner shaped his eyes, mascara added to the affect, and black face paint created the nose. His top lip was connected to the nose in black lipstick and it all formed to make Harry look like a Stag or so Hermione said. Harry didn't see it but he appreciated the time and effort out into the nice makeup. Hermione had even coerced the two boys into wearing matching tails to their costumes. Harry was scared to face Draco looking like this. The Alpha always had impeccable and well thought out costumes. Surely he'd laugh at his last minute one wouldn't he? Harry's scar was even more visible with his hair slicked back thanks to the crown. He traced it with a finger before sighing and gripping the sink. Leaning forward he locked eyes with his reflection. A knock came fo the door and Harry pulled himself back and turned towards the door.