Chapter Ten

Harry was trying his best to decide between casting Stupefy or Relashio as Fox's jaws around his throat bit down harder. As the Omega's skin broke at the strong bite, Harry thought of one phrase again. Kill on sight. Harry opened his mouth to cast a spell but before his voice raised past his lips the reddish wolf was knocked off him. The Omega wheezed out in pain as her grip was so tight it tore chunks from his milky white flesh. A deep and menacing growl ripped through the night as the sun finally set behind the mountains. Harry ripped his eyes open as he felt a hot liquid run down from his neck onto his chest. The Omega fought off the urge to scream as he sat up, tears began to fall rapidly from his emerald green eyes. Looking to his left to where Fox now lay, he spotted Dragon and the two other silvery white wolves. The moonlight turned their coats completely sliver as Harry moved a hand to cautiously touch at his wound. Soft, warm, and concerningly wet tissue made the Omega grow even more concerned as all the wolves began to crowd around them. Fox finally opened her eyes and caught Harry's gaze, the she-wolf lifted her lips up to snarl and flash her teeth at the Wizard. Harry scooted backwards until he sat flush against the nearest tree trunk. Dragon's growl was so much more fierce and deadlier than Fox's that she flinched before his silvery white paw came slashing down towards her face. Harry closed his eyes not wanting to see the gore that should've followed but no pained cry or howl came. The Omega cautiously opened his eyes as he fixed his glasses onto his nose. Dragon's paw landed on the mossy ground with such a force that impact sounded like thunder cackling against a stormy sky. Harry watched as Fox whined out submissively and the same sandy blond wolf from before came to stand behind her cowering form. The other male silvery white wolf barked out what seemed like an order and the seven original wolves that followed Fox in her pursuit came to stand behind said she-wolf. The blond wolf bent his muzzle and with a unforgiving grasp pulled the still cowering Fox up to stand by her scruff. She cried out in pain her green eyes wide with fear as she caught Harry's gaze again. The blond wolf let go of the reddish fur around Fox's neck as he turned her to face back towards the stone. Nudging her with his nose and the other seven wolves growling Fox slowly began her trek back to the stone. The wolves enclosed her, so she had no route for escape and the blond remained with his snout pressed against her hip. Harry couldn't figure out if she was walking willingly or if the blond male was pushing her along. Moving his gaze from Fox to Dragon, the Omega caught that familiar grey gaze and let out a shaky sigh that burned his throat. The same silvery white wolf from before barked out again and as he turned to face the way Fox headed so did the rest of the wolves, Dragon excluded. The smaller female silvery white wolf pressed her muzzle tenderly against Dragon's and gave his nose a soft lick. Before Harry could blink all the wolves except for Dragon bounded off into a gallop back to where Fox and the others had disappeared. Once they were far enough that all was visible in the moonlight where their swinging shadows in the night, Dragon approached the Omega. Dragon softly sniffed at Harry's hand before licking it tenderly, the Omega jolted backwards in fear. Knocking the back of his head against the tree trunk roughly, Harry groaned out in pain. Dragon whined and backed off slightly before sitting down slowly.

"Dragon?" The Omega asked his throat still in agony. The wolf's grey eyes darkened in remorse and concern and Harry had his darkest nightmares confirmed instantly. The Omega let out a broken laugh and Dragon flinched, it all made sense now. "Draco?" Although Harry meant it as a question the edge to his voice turned it into a statement. Harry watched as his vision on only the wolf blurred and warped intensely while the manor in the background remained crystal clear. Harry had to squint as the blurriness hurt his eyes and when he opened them again Dragon's form was replaced with Draco sitting with his legs crossed. Harry felt bile rise into his throat as he leaned over to his right and dry heaved slightly. The motion caused new waves of pain to sure through his bitten and torn neck, more tears poured from his once bright eyes that where now dark with fear and betrayal.