Chapter Eight

Harry didn't know long he'd been asleep on the wolf but by the time he opened his eyes the sun was turning the sky a soft orange.  He blinked twice before pulling his head off Dragon's shoulder, the Omega was surprised the wolf tolerated being a pillow. 

    "Sorry Dragon," Harry yawned out turning his head to catch the wolf's grey gaze.  Dragon huffed out happily and his tongue stuck out in a wolfish grin.  "Did I make you uncomfortable?"  Harry asked knowing he wouldn't get an answer back.  Dragon kept his playful expression and Harry smiled back at the wolf.  He didn't remember moving to sit behind the foliage with the wolf but at least they weren't visible when a group of Ravenclaw seven years passed them.  Their costumes were a cat, cow, and what Harry could guess was a snake.  The realization hit Harry that if he didn't hurry he'd be late to the party.  Once they were out sight Harry stood and Dragon followed suit.  "I've got a party to get to and a Alpha to question."  Harry spoke turning to the silvery white wolf.   Dragon whined out as if he didn't want the Omega to leave but Harry had to.  Rubbing Dragon's ears quickly, Harry walked out of the forest and towards the path to the lake.   "I'll be back tomorrow!"  Harry yelled at Dragon while pulling the crown off his head.  He didn't want it to fall while he jogged to catch up to the Ravenclaws.   Once the Omega was finally within hearing distance of the others he slipped the crown back on and slowed his pace to a walk. Harry couldn't believe the confrontation had occurred between him and Isabelle. Was she really Draco's cousin? Harry hoped the Alpha wouldn't lie to him but the Beta didn't seem to be either. Harry bit on his lower lip in thought as the lake became visible. That's where the seven years decided to host their party and Harry was glad. He could really use the fresh air after the two weeks his had. Harry paused in his walking to look down at the people who were already dancing and talking at the lake. It'd only been two weeks and he'd started a courtship, been attacked multiple times, and passed out twice. How had his life become so complicated? Harry continued walking looking into the crowd for his friends. He'd talk to them before confronting Draco.  Ron's signature red hair was the first thing he'd spotted at the edge of the lake.  Walking closer to Ron, Harry found Hermione with her hand on her hip.  She was scolding the poor Alpha for something and Harry couldn't to tease him about it later.   Finally close enough for them to hear him Harry called out. 
   "Ron! Hermione!"  Harry's yell could be heard over the music playing and both friends tourneys to face him.  Smiles grew from shocked expressions as they waved him over, Ron's blush still heavy on his cheeks.  

   "Harry, how'd the wolf hunt go?"  Hermione asked handing the Omega a cup of what Harry assumed was punch.  He hummed his thanks before taking his first sip.  A tangy resemblance to strawberries and just the same amount of sweetness of a blackberry hit Harry's taste buds.  The Omega thought it was okay but didn't plan on getting another serving. 

   "I found Dragon but," Harry drew out his statement his eyes drifting through the crowd.  No spot of silvery blonde hair could be seen in the moonlight.  Where was his Alpha? 

   "But?"  Ron asked biting into a sandwich eagerly.   Harry heard Hermione scold the Alpha for his manners, something about not talking with your mouth full.  Harry was distracted when he caught sight of Isabelle's deep red hair.  In the shadows it almost looked black but when she moved closer to the moonlight it shifted almost into a gold red, like a burning star about to burst.   The Omega struggled to keep his growl low in his chest.  He really wanted to just rip that little smug smirk off of her face.  Turning his gaze back to his friends, Harry steadied his emotions.

   "I ran into Draco's so called cousin."  Harry spat the venom leaking into his voice.   Both of his friends shared a confused gaze before turning their eyes back to the Omega.  "She told me to stay away from him and hinted at them not being related."  Harry spoke as Ron's expression turned to a glare and a small growl rumbled into his throat.  "She seemed almost like she wanted to court Draco," Harry's jealously was growing tenfold.