Chapter Nine

Harry heaved the tall stack of ancient books and scrolls onto the library table with miserable sigh. The Omega had spent all of his free Friday afternoon in said library researching Dragon's species or at least trying to figure out what he was. Harry normally would've asked Ron or Hermione to accompany him on his sleuthing but the two were finally going out on a date. Harry smiled at the fond memory of how excited Hermione had been when ranting about the confession to him during their break. The Omega hadn't seen her eyes light up so bright in happiness since they were carless first years. Harry was so delighted he was sure to get an earful from both of his friends once they returned from Hogsmeade. So that's why the Omega was waist deep in books and scrolls by himself. Trying to push the drowning sensation of loneliness from his mind, Harry sat down in his seat. Grabbing the first book titled: Extinct Species of the Wizarding World, Harry turned to the table of contents and his green eyes roamed over the words hungrily.

"Dhampirs," the Omega mulled over the word briefly before shaking his fogged mind. "No." Harry told himself as he continued to scan through the lists that littered the first fifty or so pages of the book. The scent of musk and expired ink was so heavy Harry considered giving up, but he pushed on. The old leather book creaked and groaned with each page turn and handwritten script was scrawled and illegible in certain spots. Damn ink and quills, Harry couldn't help but hate the world before typewriters and printers. Another word on the list caught the Omegas name and he paused lifting his finger to run it over the ink softly. "Werewolf," the Omega spoke his breath fanning out onto the fragile and dry paper. Harry knew they weren't extinct anymore and despite being sure that Dragon and Fox weren't Werewolves he found his fingers flipping to the page on the book. Looking up to make sure he was all alone in the library, the Omega began to read the passage out loud. He retained information better that way. "Wizards or other species affected with Lycanthropy virus soon devolve into these half man half wolf creatures." Harry shook his head at the statement. Dragon wasn't half man, Harry continued to read. "Uncontrollable blood lust," Harry skimmed the pages quickly. His green eyes were beginning to ache behind his glasses as he groaned out once again. Harry was teetering on the edge of defeat when he finally found a word he'd never heard before. "Lycanthrope," the Omega paused pulling the book closer to his face. He began to reread the sentence out loud. "Werewolves acquire the disease from Lycanthropes, more information on Lycanthropes can be found in: Banned Species of the Wizarding World Volume Two." Harry felt himself jump up and head towards the shelves faster than the Omega knew he could. Approaching the letter 'B' bookcase Harry began to comb his eyes through the shelves as if his very existence depended on it. Passing the first volume of the book series he slowed down his rapid reading. The Omega gave a huff of triumph as his emerald green eyes locked onto the book he desired. Harry plucked the book from its brethren as gently as he could before storming back off to his table. The book's leather cover was worn with age and was barely attached to the yellowed pages within. Books and scrolls covered every inch of the surface old oak table. With his wand in one hand, Harry casted a levitation spell on the items on the table and quickly returned them to the sorting bin. Sitting back down on his still pulled out chair, Harry opened the book to its table of contents. Quickly flipping through until he found the word Lycanthrope, the Omega found the page number and quickly flipped through hundreds of pages. Dark ink stuck out against yellowed pages as he began to read once again. "Lycanthropes are a special breed of Wizards," Harry continued to drone on through the pages leaving out unimportant bits of information. "They still have a secondary gender and even seem to have their special way of finding their mates. Lycanthropes have the ability to turn into a wolf after the age of ten, unlike werewolves the transformation is natural, and they retain a level head while doing so." Harry paused his morale getting the better of his mind. If they kept a level head, then why were they a banned species? "They claim to get this ability from two Gods and claim they have nothing to do with werewolves being affected. Lycanthropes fit in with other species easily if they're not angered." Harry paused to take in a deep breath before moving forward. "Both of their forms have the same hair color and eye color. Once transformed it is easy to- "Harry paused in his reading as he realized something. Draco and Dragon had the same eyes, the Omega had even commented on it several times. Draco of course always distracted him before he could make any sense of it. There was no way they were one in the same, Harry shook his head denial thick in his tone as he continued reading. "Lycanthropes can be identified by certain characteristics," Harry took a deep breath before reading the list. "Huffing to communicate, alertness, better physical qualities than Wizards, act in a pack like manner with their kin, and very protective of those close to them." Harry felt like slamming his head into the table with as much force as the Omega could. The list had almost described Draco, but a few things didn't line up like the huffing or pack like-. Harry's eyes widened in disbelief as he finally connected the dots. If he aligns the two on a chart the missing pieces could fit together if they were the same person. As hard as he tried Harry couldn't deny the truth that burned furiously against his ribcage. Harry lifted his still shocked eyes to the book and skimmed through the passages quickly. Coming to the last section Harry felt his stomach roll at the words. "Responsible for over ten thousand muggle deaths from 1785 to 1790 before being banned." There was no way Draco had killed someone before, even if he was an evil prat at times Harry hoped he didn't have it in him. Harry was just about to close the book before he spotted the last line on Lycanthropes. Harry felt acid and bile rise into his throat as he choked it back down before reading. "Kill on sight." Harry let out a shaky breath as he pulled a hand through his curly hair. The Omega couldn't believe his Alpha was one of those beasts. There was no way he and Dragon where one in the same. Harry couldn't believe it, despite his logical side trying to speak the truth Harry remained stubborn. Standing up and shoving the book into his over the shoulder pack, Harry as calmly as he could walked past the librarian. Once past the door Harry took off at a run towards the Slytherin dorms. The Omega hoped Draco hadn't left for his weekend at his manor yet. Harry had to get to the bottom of this whole screwed up fantasy before he had too much time without the Alpha to think of worse scenarios. Harry had his gaze locked so tightly on the floor he didn't even seen Vincent until he knocked face first into his chest. Looking up to the Alpha Harry growled, he really didn't have time for this.

"Woah there pretty boy," Vincent cooed out Harry held back the urge to gag. "Where you running off to so panicked? Did the lamb see a wolf?" Vincent's joke sent shivers of the worse kind down to the Omega's spine. It was almost as if the Alpha was really reading his mind.

"I'm just trying to tell my Alpha goodbye," Harry spoke his voice dark with a threat. Vincent's chuckle was dark, and Harry felt the urge to run coax its way into his legs. The Omega reluctantly stood his ground. "Now if you'll excuse me." Harry spoke lifting his chin and casting the Alpha a warning gaze. The Omega side stepped around Vincent with the best confidence he could before said Alpha called out to him.

"Draco just headed out for the main doors five minutes ago." Harry felt himself groan, Vincent wasn't the most reliable source, but it was almost five and Draco had said it was an hour drive. The Omega turned on his heel and headed off in the opposite direction ignoring Vincent. "Goodbye little lamb," the Alpha called out has Harry took off running to the doors. Once there Harry found Draco was gone and couldn't see him walking down the path or a fancy var off in the distance. With resolve and a newfound need for knowledge, Harry sat of for Malfoy manner on foot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The harvest sun was gently turning the sky from a pale orange to darkening lavender as Harry shivered. Maybe the Omega should've grabbed a jumper or sweater before setting off to find Draco's home. A map would've been useful too or a taxi, Harry's stomach growled, and another pang of hunger hit him. Some food would be nice too. Harry was thankful for the nice folks who had pointed in the right direction every now and then. The Omega should be coming across the manor soon and felt his hope for the warm hug and something to drink that should be waiting for him there. Harry hummed out happily as the nice and surprisingly opened iron gate came into his vision. Picking up his pace, the Omega shifted the pack over from digging into his shoulder. Harry really needed to clear his mind of the dangerous illusion of Draco being a Lycanthrope. It was almost as bad as his idea of Draco not really wanting to court him, Harry laughed softly to himself before turning to the nicely paved road that led to the house that was almost as big as Hogwarts itself. Harry rolled his eyes, leave it to the rich to have more than they could ever need. Quickly eating away at the distance to the grand front doors, Harry knocked softly on the fine oak. No answer came, the Omega knocked again this time firmer and still no reply. Harry took a step back and sighed his breath coming out in puffs before his eyes. How strange. Harry turned to sit on the porch furniture before a bark caught his attention. Turning to the back yard of the house he headed towards it. Maybe Draco had gotten a new German Shepherd puppy, Harry thought remembering how he had apparently learned about Artemis that night he was completely wasted. Rounding the corner of the house Harry felt the air freeze in his lungs while his blood burned against his skin. A large stone almost as big as the Dursley's house had three cubby like carvings in them with a language the Omega couldn't read etched into it sat in the extensive backyard.  Inside the higher of three cubbies sat two silvery white wolves around Dragon's size, in the one under them Dragon sat alone. His tail neatly wrapped around his paws in a proud like manner. The lower one remained empty for a slight second before Harry saw Fox and a sandy blond wolf between the sizes Fox and Dragon leap easily into it. Harry felt his breath finally leave his body as he looked down onto the what must be over a hundred wolves of a mix match of colors.  They all were seated or laying around the stone. Although the only three white wolves where Dragon and the two above him. The Omega felt his heart rate increase as he silently backed up. Keeping his gaze on the wolves in front of him, Harry accidentally snapped a twig beneath his feet and cursed. The first wolf to look at him was Fox and then Dragon, fear and confusion coated those grey eyes Harry had come to love. Fox and the blond wolf from earlier barked out what felt like an order as about seven of the biggest wolves stood and ran after Harry. The Omega was running as fast as he could as snarls and growls could be heard zoning in on him. Tears brimmed in his green eyes as on phrase echoed in his mind: Kill on sight. Harry held back his screams and ignored the thud of his pack tumbling off his shoulder. The Omega reached into his robes grasping his wand for dear life as the sound of growls grew closer. Harry was knocked to the ground and landed on his back with a thud, all of the air left the Omega's lungs.  Opening his eyes Harry locked gazes with Fox's green one. Malice and satisfaction were clear in her gaze as she tipped her muzzle back to howl solemnly. Harry gripped his wand tighter as the she-wolf growled before lowering jaws closer to the Omega's exposed throat. Closing his eyes, Harry could hear more growling and howls in the background as the reddish wolf's hot breath fanned onto his neck. Her grip was soft at first as he clamped onto Harry, the Omega slowly raised his wand to press it against the side of Fox's head. One phrase crossed his mind again. Kill on sight.

A/N: Vote & Comment! Thanks for reading.