26 | "Alright, whatever makes you sleep at night."

Zacznij od początku

I laughed at her enthusiasm before my eyes landed on Emma, who was smiling at her phone.

I locked gazes with Maia before nodding into Emma's direction.

"Emma ?"

"Huh ?", she said, the smile never leaving her face.

"Are you texting Dave ?", I asked in suspicion.

"Nooo...", she trailed off.

"Don't lie to me.", I told her before I leaned forward and grabbed her phone out of her hands in a fast motion.

"What was she doing ?", Maia asked.

I smiled mischievously before looking at her screen, the smile slowly fading away, "She was looking at Desserts."

"Desserts ? Are you serious Emma ?", Maia asked her.

"Guys, you know how I'm in a diet and can't eat any sweets right now.. that's why I have to at least look at them... ", she whined.

"Isn't that torturing yourself ?", I asked confused.

"No.. it's kind of hard to understand it, I guess.", she states before fishing her phone out of my hands and continue to what she was doing.

I rolled my eyes, "You guys are unbelievable." , before Maia and I bursted out laughing. Emma was back to focusing on her phone.

Food really has the ability to make people feel some kind of way.

"What did you talk about for so long with Ross though ?", Emma suddenly asked while looking up.

"What we talked about ? Well.. just this and that, I guess.", I told her. We did talk about a lot of things I realised.

"He's not as bad as you thought him to be, right ? I mean, I know why you had some grudge against him at the beginning but I think that he's done a great job in proving you otherwise.", Emma pointed out.

I nodded slowly, "I mean.. I guess so.", I said unsure. "It does seem like there's more to him than his reputation in school.."

"I'm sure there is. I heard somewhere that he changed drastically last year. It's logical though, thinking of how rumors of his reputation started around the same time."

"A drastic change ?", I repeated, questioning.

"I mean you were going through a lot back than, that's probably why you didn't hear anything about it... I still wonder what the cause was though.. a guy like him doesn't seem to be fazed easily."

"You're right..", I said.

"I mean a guy who doesn't care about anything wouldn't remember such a detail as your strawberry allergy.", she stated before adding, "I'm still utterly thankful that he stopped you from eating that cookie.. I remember the last time you got hospitalized because of your allergy. It was horrifying.", she shook her head as if to get the thought out of her mind.

I couldn't really find the right words to say.

It was true, Ross did actually seem like a good person. But why would he be fine with all those rumors going around in school ? Doesn't he care about it ?

And what would trigger such a drastic change ?

You're one to talk, my mind told me.

Right.

I might've been too selfish all this time to realise that he does in fact also have something that he has to deal with. Something that makes him act like he does.

•••

An updaaate, hope you liked it♥️ it's more like a filler chapter, I'm sorry. Next chapter is gonna have some Raura moments 🙃.

-Fave line ?🦚

-What celebrity do you picture Alec as ?

-are you a nightowl ?🌙🦉 (cause I am lmao kashsjsj)

-Favorite color ? ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

This chapter is dedicated to Adorkable_Lynch ❤️

-tice ❣️