Chapter 19: Keeping It In The Family

Start from the beginning

Anthony's jaw went slack and his grip loosened. Holy shit, its the same Anthony.

"You're, you..." he stuttered.

"Ah, it's nice to finally meet you, Anthony," I filled in. Kayden was looking between us curiously until his face changed to understanding and then to disbelief.

"Bloody hell," he whispered to himself. 

I looked at Asher, pissed to the max. He used to date my father! My fucking father! And he didn't tell me! What the actual fuck?!

"Excuse me. I'll be right back," I said before dismissing myself. I needed to get out of there, and quickly. I walked in the direction of the kitchen.

"Rayce! What are you doing back here?" the owner, Krista, asked me. "Hun, whats wrong? You don't look too good."

"I-I, my. Oh god, I think I'm going to throw up," I replied.

"Hold on. Not in here," Krista said before ushering me in to her office. "Alright now, calm down and tell me what's wrong."

Within seconds I was telling her all what I had just found out. 

"Holy hell," she breathed.

"That's what I said," I mumbled. She grabbed my hand and squeezed. 

"Alright now. So I'm going to tell you what you need to go do," she stated. I looked her in the eyes. "You're going to go out there and meet your father. You're going to get to know him and then you're going to go home with your husband and discuss all of this, okay?"

God, I love Krista. Her and her partner Ashlynn have always had my back. You can't go wrong with having a lesbian couple as friends. I sighed and nodded my head.

"Alright now, get your ass out there before I call Ashlynn down here. By the way, call us if you need anything! And don't you forget to call Jay every now again. You know we love you and we are here for you," she said before sending me back out to the cafe. I let out a breath before stepping out of the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about that," I said stepping up to the table of three men. "I just needed a moment there."

"It's, it's okay. Ah, please sit down," Anthony stuttered. I sat down and suddenly the table was filled with an awkward silence.

"Uhm, so you two are married? That's great! I'm happy for you Kayden," I smiled at them. I could feel Asher place his hand on my thigh. Though I was pissed with him, I welcomed the comfort.

"Ah, yes. We are. And I'm happy for you Rayce. I'm also happy you finally got rid of Alejandro," Kayden chuckled.

"Yeah, well, that was hard work," I laughed.

"Who's Alejandro, if you don't mind me asking?" asked Anthony.

"Oh, he's an old ex. I dated him before dating Kayden. We, Alejandro and I, didn't end very well at that time. Now we've worked it out, somewhat," I explained.

"Ah. Crazy ex?" he asked.

"Used to be," I laughed. "But I think we are going to eventually become good friends."

Conversation flowed after that. We even set up a day to have our kids meet each other. Anthony and Kayden have a six year old daughter named Katy and a four year old son named Ian. I couldn't wait for them to meet Mikey and Mickey.

We left the cafe in high spirits, that is until Asher and I got in to the car. The tension was overwhelming.

"So..." I said letting the sentence hang. We were still sitting in the parking lot of Sweet Treatz.

"Rayce, I am so sorry for not telling you. I was young. I had just graduated from high school. Anthony was a sweet talker back then. It only lasted about three months and it was more physical than emotional. I swear it was nothing more than that," he was practically begging me to believe him. I didn't know what to think honestly. How could I just go on accepting that my husband use to date my dad?

What person would feel okay with that in the slightest?

"I, I just don't know what to believe right now. I think I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend with Lecky. I need to think about this, okay?" I explained. Though our relationship isn't all sunshine and rainbows, Lecky has always been my shoulder and I needed her help to sort this out and for her to knock some sense into me.

I understand," he frowned before turning towards the steering wheel and driving off in the direction of the house.

When we got back to the house, I told the kids that I would be going to Alecka's before packing a bag. I would only go for a day, maybe two. 

Asher walked me to my car and placed my bag in the backseat. He was frowning and looked distraught to say the least.

"Asher, I'm not angry, okay? I just need time to understand this. I will be back either tomorrow or Monday. I'll call you later on tonight," I said. He gave me a fake smile. I sighed and leaned in to peck his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, Kitten. So much," he whimpered. I gave him a small smile before getting in my car and driving off.

I definitely never want to have to go through this ever again. 

I pulled into the driveway of Lecky's house and rang the doorbell. She opened it with a glare.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she snapped. She looked at me hard before dropping her glare. "What's wrong?"

I smiled before falling into her arms with a slight whimper. My sister really is my shoulder and my rock.

"It's okay. I'll have Marie make us some tea, okay? Then you can tell me all about whatever it is," she said before pulling me into the house and shutting the door behind us.

God, I love my sister.

~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hello lovelies! Sorry its taken me so long. I feel like this chapter was poorly written but I'd rather have you guys' opinion instead. So if you don't mind, please tell me what you thought by either Voting, Commenting, or Following. --Love JPhinx