Awake But Not Alive

Y/n woke up, finding herself in a makeshift hospital room.

Probably one of the abandoned rooms. She thought, not seeing any piles of clothes that held dried blood.

She looked around finding herself surrounded by all the skeletons. She opened her mouth and attempted to speak, but nothing came out.

Y/n glanced around, wondering why they weren't looking at her, why the didn't notice that she was awake.

What's going on?

She got up and off the bed, for some odd reason, she felt no pain.

She felt nothing.

She reached towards Ganz and attempted to get his attention by grabbing his shoulder. Her hand passed through his shoulder and he stared at her, as if he was seeing through her.

He didn't see her.

Y/n's eyes widened behind her blindfold and she stepped back. She followed each skeletons gaze and looked towards the bed.

She let out a silent gasp and saw herself.

She saw the condition she was in.

And it wasn't good.

Tubes were attached to her, a heart monitor placed beside the bed. Exco laying across her stomach, sleeping softly as it glowed. Bandages that she could see were wrapped around her arms and head.

She knew that she was basically covered in bandages.

But, what she couldn't understand is why she could see herself. She could see her heart monitor moving, she could hear the beeps. So her being dead is out of the question.

So then why could she see and why was she outside of her body? That, she has yet to find out.

She looked around at everyone's saddened expressions.

Watching them each look at their gifts that she gave them.

Dream was holding his bow, tracing the positive words. Fresh was holding a shirt that said 'best meme'. Classic holding a ketchup bottle keychain, tracing the outline with his thumb. Nightmare held a book in his hand: he didn't feel like reading. Ink looked at a notebook: he didn't want to draw.

Killer held a knife sharpener: he wasn't amused. Error held a book and was barely reading it. Cross held a taco plushie: he hugged it to his chest. Ganz held a scarf with stitching in it, he looked at the stitching with tears in his eye sockets.

Geno was wrapped in a orange blanket, he didn't bother holding back his tears. Fell held a red and blue heart-shaped locket: he could hear a tune from inside. Reaper held a Starbucks themed scythe in his hand, he looked at the scythe plushie. And lastly, Red held a soft and fluffy kitten. It was pure white and missing an eye, the collar on it told the others it had a name. The kitten was named Doll.

Y/n didn't smile at this.

She didn't do anything, she only watched them in their time of sadness. However, she did feel eyes on her and she turned her head towards the direction, finding two dull pinpricks looking at her.

Finding Reaper looking at her.

He motioned for her to follow him. The others didn't notice and even if they did, they didn't care enough to question him.

Reaper teleported out of the room and Y/n walked towards the door, about to open it before she fell through.

Reaper was leaning against the wall, the hood placed over his skull so only his smile could be seen.

"So, you're still alive. But, something is stopping you from going back to your body." Reaper told her as she got up from the ground.

"I would assume it would be because you're still healing but, I think that it's something else."

"Something worse."

.

.

.

But, what was it?

———————————————————————————

Click: This is a nice chapter. A nice, short, chapter.

Cryptic: You're only saying this because you're tired.

Click: Yup.