Echoing Screams

Y/n looked towards the screams and a strong wind ran towards her, making her blindfold and hair go wild. Her hair and blindfold waved around her, threatening to go with the wind. Threatening to take her secrets with it.

Y/n ignored everything that horror movies taught her and walked towards the noise. There in the distance she saw a red and blue flames resting side by side, getting smaller and bigger; as if they were breathing. Y/n walked closer, her walking got faster and before she knew it she was running.

Something in her soul told her to get closer.

Something told her that she needed to see what those flames were.

Y/n got closer to the flames and saw the two woman from before, laying side by side as they held hands.

They were both crying.

"I'm scared love. How are we going to protect our child?" The Blue-haired woman cried as she held her lover's hand, tears falling faster down her face.

"I know a way. But, we have to sacrifice our souls in order to protect them." The Red-haired one whispered, reaching a hand over and caressed her lover's face. "Then, we do it together." The Blue-haired woman smiled and they both vanished.

Y/n was confused now. Who were those woman? Why were they crying. . . crying tears of happiness?

Y/n was about to turn away before she spotted something on the ground where the woman once were. Instead of the man from earlier, a white scarf was on the ground, motionless.

Y/n felt as if she's seen this scarf before.

It was so familiar but, she was unable to place her tongue on it.

Y/n watched the scarf vanish with an emotionless expression. She felt nothing again. She didn't understand, she didn't want to understand.

Something was stopping her from understanding everything that has taken place.

She couldn't connect the dots. All of these events felt as if they had a connection, a connection to her and why she was like this.

"Hello, who are you?" A soft voice spoke, it sounded female.

The voice echoed around Y/n; it was so familiar. It was so painful that it made Y/n's heart hurt, no, it ached.

Her heart wasn't in pain, but, it was hurting. It was hurting a new kind of pain: it was an emotion. But, what emotion was it?

"Y/n? That's a unique name! My name's ———— and this is my ————, Koran!"

"How did you end up here?"

"Really? We haven't seen you before?"

"Well, I'm sure we'll get along! All of us!"

Y/n didn't know why, but she started to run, she rain into the darkness and kept running. She never looked back.

That voice, it was too painful to remember.

I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

Forgive me!

Y/n shouted in her thoughts, tears pricking the corners of her eyes; the pain being quick to appear alongside her tears.

She knew something was keeping her from remembering and something was telling her to run.

"Don't look back, Y/n!"

"Keep running!"

The familiar voice shouted.

She started to see a light and saw each of the skeletons lining the way towards the light.

Each smiling, beckoning, guiding her towards the light.

"You can do it, Y/n!"

Y/n ran past them and into the light, she heard their voices, all of them telling her to come back.

That they miss her.

She swore she heard a hiss in there and for once in her life. Y/n felt happiness, she felt joy.

.

.

.

She felt love.

But, she didn't feel the pain in her chest.

She didn't feel blood rising up her throat.

She ran into the light, not noticing the crack that sounded in her mind and the echoing scream for help.

She didn't hear it.

She was too oblivious.

She was too happy.

She was too lost in her emotions to realize that the smiles of all the skeletons had turned menacing and terrifying.

She failed to notice the hissing turned into dark laughter.

She failed to notice the threat in front of her.

She failed.

.

.

.

.

"Y/n."

"Don't forget me."

.

.

.

"Okay?"

———————————————————————————

Cryptic: Click, are you crying?

Click: N-No! It's just something was in my non-existent eyes.

Cryptic: Yeah, it's sadness, or something called feelings.

Click: S-Shut up!