A Ring

Y/n felt herself regaining consciousness, her head in a daze and her hearing muffled, as if someone put a door on both sides of her head.

"Do you. . . she'll. . . okay?" A muffled voice asked.

"She's Y/n. . .she. . .get. . . anything." Another muffled voice spoke.

"Reaper. . . the snake. . . Exco. . .attack?" Another voice spoke, sounding worried.

"Under. . . control. . . Killer is. . . it."

Y/n heard the voices becoming clearer and clearer.

What happened? The last thing I remember is talking to that snake and getting showed memor- the ring!

That's right! Exco attacked me and the skeletons are probably freaking out.

I'm not surprised.

"There. . . nothin' 'ere." A voice spoke, sounding right beside Y/n's ear: Fell.

Fell- wait. Why can't I move?

Y/n could feel blood running down her mouth.

"She's. . . waking up?"

"There's blood, how does that mean she's waking up?" Error's voice spoke, sounding nearby.

Move, damn you- I have things to do.

Y/n felt her arm twitch: a good sign.

"Y/n moved!" Geno exclaimed and Y/n felt him grab her hand.

"Are you sure she moved? Because you said that 'ow many times and each time you 'ere wrong." Red spoke up.

"Well, this time she actually did move!" Geno yelled and Y/n twitched.

"See!" Geno pointed out and Y/n heard shuffling as many footsteps walked towards her.

Yes, shout in my ear why don't you. I'll definitely wake up then.

"Any movement from Dream?" Classic asked.

"No, and before you ask. I can't give him nightmares either." Nightmare's voice spoke from somewhere nearby.

Dream is not awake? Y/n pondered this thought. Dream should be awake by now, his wounds are healed and yet, he's still unconscious.

Koran must have did something worse than I realized.

Y/n decided that it was time to stop laying around and get answers for her questions, along with a solution to wake Dream up.

"Dream's not awake yet?" Y/n spoke, her voice raspy and dry.

You better be okay Dream, or I swear that I'll torment you for as long as I live- wait- what is this emotion I'm feeling?

Why am I. . . feeling?

"Y/n!" Many voices exclaimed.

"Calm down- I just woke up." Y/n opened her eyes and looked around, seeing many pinpricks looking at her.

She moved from her spot on and sat up: she was on the couch. "Where's Exco?" Y/n questioned, rubbing her head as she saw the skeletons turn their attention to Reaper; their pinpricks dark and angry.

Reaper was holding a hissing Exco in his hands; one hand holding Exco's mouth closed while the other had a tight grip on its wriggling body.

"We didn't know what to do- it just attacked you out of nowhere." Ink spoke, glaring heatedly at the snake.

"Which was so un-rad of it." Fresh glared at the snake from behind his glasses 'Not cool' spelt on it.

"Why did it attack you anyway?" Error asked, standing beside Nightmare as he looked at the unconscious Dream before turning his attention to Y/n.

Y/n shrugged.

Y/n's eyes widened behind her blindfold; she remembered what she had to grab: she was too focused on Exco that she forgot what she needed to do.

She got up from the couch, teetering as she did so and yells of protest enveloped the room.

"Y/n, sit back down!" Ganz yelled, trying to grab her arm to place her back on the couch.

Y/n, however, had different plans and moved her arm out of his reach. She glared at everyone from behind her blindfold: this immediately silencing them.

Those memories must have triggered something in my soul. . . how unfortunate.

She kneeled down and reached under the sofa, her hand grabbing a cold and small item: the ring.

She pulled her hand out from under the couch and looked at the ring in her palm; it was dusty and had dirt coating it.

This was once held by my mother. . .

She closed her hand around the ring, ignoring the confused pinpricks looking at her.

"Y/n, how did you know that was there?" Classic asked, his suspicion that he had from when he first met Y/n was returning.

"Saw it in a memory that wasn't my own." She told them, walking away from them and to Dream.

"And that makes sense in what way?" Cross questioned as X watched Y/n with understanding, as if he knew what happened in Y/n's mind.

She placed the ring in her pocket before kneeling down in front of Dream's unconscious form; he was laying on the chair: he looked peaceful.

Y/n didn't hesitate to reach out and gently touch his skull. She patted his skull, trying to get a reaction out of him.

"Has he shown any signs of movement?" She asked, looking away from Dream and to the others; shaking skulls confirmed her suspicion: Dream hasn't moved.

She sighed and picked Dream up gently, holding him close to her; they needed to get a move on and Y/n wasn't going to wait: even if Dream was. . . like this.

"We don't have time to wait around, let's go." She spoke, her dry and raspy voice now cold and uncaring: how it usually was.

"Shouldn't you rest first, Y/n?" Geno questioned, the others sending concerned and confused glances at each other (except for Reaper, who was too preoccupied with a writhing Exco).

"I don't need rest. I need answers." Y/n stated, walking down the hallway with Dream safely resting in her arms.

The others glanced unsurely at each other; they didn't know what to do with this. . . new Y/n.

She was different than the one they've grown used to: she was different now and. . . they were very concerned about that.

Y/n snapped her fingers (somehow) and Exco stopped writhing in Reaper's grasp. It snapped and bit at Reaper's hand; who flinched at let go of the snake.

Exco dropped onto the floor with a loud 'thud' and slithered quickly over to Y/n, climbing up her leg, around her waist and taking its rightful place around her shoulders.

Exco nudged her cheek with a guilty look in its red gaze: Y/n knew why.

"I understand, Exco." She told it, hearing footsteps behind her: the skeletons.

Y/n left the rotting-excuse of a house. The ring safely resting in her pocket.

Exco nudged her cheek again and Y/n nodded.

"This way." She told them.

The skeletons followed Y/n with concerned but, they now felt unsafe: they didn't know why.

———————————————————————————

Click: We are dealing with writers block right now, but we tried our best with this chapter.

Cryptic: It's not done and we'll be going back to it. The finished version will be out later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Click: Please understand that we tried. We really did- our minds aren't exactly in a good place right now...