PT.2 C H A P T E R FIVE

Comincia dall'inizio

Observant as hell, that was the one. "Yeah." I mumbled and pursed my lips. "I'm trying not to be dependent on her and that shits harder than I thought." I said with a humorless chuckle.

"Hey, being dependent and in love are two different things." She said and sat up, the covers held to her chest as she looked down at me. "Just because you feel happier around her and want to spend all of your days with her doesn't make you dependent. It means you found your perfect half. The time you worry is when you can't find happiness on your own and from what I've seen, you can."

I watched silently as she slid out of the bed and wrapped a robe around her before starting to the bathroom. I mean.. she did have a point. I was being productive without, Rob. I wasn't laying in bed and depressed because we broke up.. I was one hundred on my own. All I needed was for my girl to be good on her end.

-

"So.." I looked up silently as Jade sat across from while I was chewing on my grilled cheese. "You and Leigh-Anne make a couple babies?" I swallowed my food too quickly because of her words and felt the rough end of the bread scratch my throat.

"What?" I rasped out and grabbed my water bottle. "What are you.." I took a sip of the water. "What did she tell you?"

She only smirked and shook her head. "She said nothing, well not today. I'm her room neighbor and she had a lot to say last night."

"Oh. Well um." I scratched my head and cleared my throat. I didn't know if Leigh wanted me to say shit and I rather not seem like the boastful type so I shrugged and bit into my grilled cheese.

Her eyes turned to slits as she pointed at me. "I am onto you, Y/ln. You and Miss Leigh-Anne." She slowly raised up and I watched her back away, looking like an evil gremlin. I refuse to believe she was the same age as me.

We were waiting in the boarding area for the plane that would be taking us to Italy soon and, luckily, nothing was awkward. We both came to the agreement that it was purely a one time thing and would never happen again.

It was like going to a dealership and taking a car for a test drive. Neither of us liked the car so we took it back, simple. We were both mature adults..

My eyes raised when I heard loud giggles and I saw Leigh-Anne on Perrie's back throwing gummy worms at Jade who was on Jesy's back. I spoke too soon. I shook my head and looked at their tour manager who was sitting with sunglasses on his head and a book in his hand. I leaned over and went to speak.

"I know." He said lowly, pulling the glasses over his eyes. "Just let them get it out or they'll be like this on the plane." I watched him flip the page of his book before nodding and moving to sit back. Made sense.

Soon, we were boarding the plane when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I looked down to see the caller ID.

My Shawty🤩

Man I never changed her name.

Biting my bottom lip, I sat down and watched it ring for a moment before I answered and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Oh hi." Why did she sound so surprised like.. like she expected me not to answer. "How are you?"

"I'm good." I replied and pushed my suitcase into the top compartment before taking my seat by the window. "And you?"

She went silent for a moment before letting out a sigh. "Um well.." She hesitated. "I'm getting there. I wasn't sure if breaking up meant eliminating contact as well so.. I'm sorry if I'm stepping over boundaries-"