CLICK

‼️GRAPHIC LANGUAGE‼️

We kitted up and got our guns at the ready.

"You ready?" Tom asked nervously as we held our guns up to the door.

I nodded, "As I'll ever be."

He took a deep breath then opened the hotel door. No one was in the hallway. It was eerily quiet and not even the elevators were making a sound.
We cautiously moved out and down the hall to the stairway. We walked down the few flights of stairs, wary of who might pop out at us. When we finally reached the end of the stairwell, I opened the door out to the lobby. Our guns were raised and we were moving swiftly.

When we came round the corner, there was blood on the carpet. I pointed to it and Tom noticed it too. We silently came around the corner and I froze in place.

The entire reception was a bloodbath. It was worse than the strip club. There were people laying on the bloody floor with blindfolds on and tape around their mouths. They were all dead. There was blood still oozing out of all of them.
I tried not to make a sound but it was extremely difficult as we walked past the different people.
Our shoes were now covered with blood and I could feel it seeping in through the material. We walked past at least 40 people dead on the floor when we saw something even worse. 10 people standing on boxes, blindfolded, tape around their mouths...and ropes around their necks. I turned back to Tom who was gagging at the sight.

"What do we do?" I mouthed to him. He shrugged.

"I don't know." He mouthed back.

The people on the boxes were alive but they had been injured. They were trembling and whimpering with fear. 9 of them were adults, a few younger people and a few elderly people. But one was a child. The one at the end of the line. It was a young girl who was clutching her teddy close to her chest. She had a few scratches on her arms but nothing too bad.
We walked carefully past more people on the floor but Tom tripped and made a sound. The 10 people immediately started screaming and crying.

"Shh! It's okay! We're not here to hurt you!" I whispered.

They slightly calmed down but they were still scared. Apart from their cries, it was silent in the room. The only other sound was Tom and I's feet splashing through the blood.

"We're going to try our best to keep you safe." Tom whispered.

"We need to take the ropes off." I whispered to Tom. He nodded.

"Everyone, I need you to stay silent and calm. We are going to remove your ropes. Stay silent." I whispered firmly.

They all nodded and Tom started at one end and I started with the little girl.

"Hi, I'm Jo," I whispered to her. She gulped. "I'm going to take the rope off, alright?" I reached a hand out to take the rope off but as soon as my hand touched the rope, a gunshot went off.

Tom and I fell to the floor and muffled screams erupted from the hostages. I turned back to Tom with a wide-eyed look.

"Well, well, well! You two again!" A female voice said from somewhere. I slowly stood up and Tom did the same.

"I brought you here to watch the show!" She said.

"Come out so I can see you!" I shouted to the unknown person. She laughed and then I saw her come around the corner. She was about our age and she was gorgeous to my dismay. She was wearing the same sort of kit we had on and her hair was in a dark bob.

"Liv?" Tom exclaimed. I looked at him and he was staring at her in disbelief.

"Hey Tommy. How's life going?" She smirked, twirling her gun around her pointer finger.

"You...you're in the mafia?!" He asked.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I cut in. She smiled at me.

"I'm Liv. Tom's ex girlfriend." She stated. I nearly choked on my saliva.

"His ex?" I repeated.

"Wow for agents you two are very slow." She sighed. I raised my gun.

"Release these hostages now." I demanded.

"You've done enough damage." She sighed and shook her head, walking closer to the hostages. Tom and I backed away from her but still aiming at her.

"You know...as much as I want to...no." She smiled.

"Oh and if you're wondering about your security members...let's just say you had two for lunch." She laughed, throwing her head back. At least we knew who's fingers and ear that was.

"Now...any requests before I kill you both?" She raised her gun up at us. Tom and I looked at each other then back to her.

"Let the kid go." I said.

"Oh I couldn't! She's too precious!" She cupped the girls chin and squeezed it.

"Let the kid go." I repeated.

"I'm sorry 99! I can't do that!" She shook her head and walked over to the other side of the hostages.

"Now...here is the part I've been waiting for!" She clapped her hands.

I suddenly felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me and lift me up. They put a hand over my mouth too. I looked over at Tom and someone was doing the same thing to him.
I was shoved in a chair and as much as I fought them...they were stronger than me. They tied me to the chair and put a piece of tape over my mouth.

I squirmed and grunted, fighting the piece of plastic. The person then stood behind me and I felt a cold metal press against my head. I could tell it was my gun they took.

"If you move then you die! Simple!" Liv exclaimed.

"And it's time for the show! So, we have wrapped rope around each person's neck. But what is even more fun about it is that we haven't done it correctly! So when I," She kicked the box underneath the first person's feet and Tom and I gasped.

"Kick the box! They won't die! They will struggle and then die! Isn't that fun!" She laughed evilly. The first person was gripping the rope with their hands and their legs were flailing around. I was screaming under the tape.

I looked over at Tom and he was just staring wide-eyed in complete shock.

"Oops!" Liv kicked the next person's box. I wriggled in my seat and I heard the gun click behind my head.

"Don't move, darling!" Liv shouted at me. I didn't stop moving. I kept screaming and moving around, trying to get her to come to me. Which...she did. She sighed as she started clicking her way over in her heels.

I looked at Tom in a way that said about a million things and I hope he understood what I was saying because if he didn't then we were both dead.

"Do you have a death wish?" Liv asked, putting both hands on the armrests of my chair. I started hysterically laughing, stomping my feet too. She looked enraged.

"What? What! What's so funny?" She asked. "Tell me!" She ripped the tape off of my mouth which stung.

I kept laughing, "You..." I took a deep breath. "You're so fucking stupid." I laughed.

She clenched her jaw and looked at the guy behind me.

"Kill her." She commanded and walked back to the hostages. Tom screamed and fought against his restraints. I kept smiling and smiling. I felt the trigger being pulled behind me.

CLICK.